Chapter 19

Tris POV

I wake up ten minutes before my alarm clock goes off, I kiss Tobias on the cheek and have a quick shower. When I get out I am fully clothed with a little makeup on.

Today Tobias and I have to go back to our regular jobs. I wake Tobias up, ''Tobias, we start work again today! I have to go now I love you,'' I say.

Tobias sits up and gives me a hug and kiss then says goodbye. I walk to the tattoo parlor and it is empty besides Tori, ''Hey Tori!'' I yell.

"Hey Tris! How have you and Four been doing?'' She asks, I have a hug smile on my face and I point to my ring and my stomach.

"I'm four months pregnant with a girl, and her name is going to be Avery,'' I say smiling wider. "Congrats! Me and Bud missed you while you were training the initiates!'' Tori says very happily.

Tori and I talk for a little while until Sally walks in looking for a tattoo, Tori asks me to do the tattoo because I have been gone so long, ''Hey Sally! Which tattoo do you want?'' I ask and she hands me a picture and points to where she wants it.

I get to work and when I'm finished it looks beautiful. The rest of the morning is quiet until I see someone I wish I would never see again.

******Tobias POV******

Today I have to go back to the control room with Zeke and Uriah, I love this job because I can creep people out by knowing what they were doing that day.

I quickly get dressed and go out to meet Uriah their for our shift. I work in the morning with Uriah and in the afternoon with Zeke. I get to the control room and find a camera with Tris tattooing one of the former initiates, I think her name is Sally.

I watch her tattoo her for a while and when she is done it looks beautiful. It is time for my lunch break and when I stand up I notice something peculiar, I see someone walk into the tattoo parlor and lock the door, ''Uri! Come check this out!'' I yell and he jogs over.

I keep watching and then Tris notices who it is a goes rigid. I turn up the volume to see what they are saying, ''W-What do you want?'' Tris says weakly.

''I want revenge-you escaped and I never even started your punishment,'' he-Marcus- says as he undoes his belt and lashes it at Tris. My eyes go wide and I yell, ''Uri, go get Max and bring him to the tattoo parlor now!''

He nods and quickly runs out, I draw my attention back to the screen and Tori is trying to split them up but she just gets hit across the face.

***Tris POV***

Tori is trying to get Marcus away from me but then she just gets hit herself. I hope Tobias sees this from the control room and gets help. My train of thought is interrupted when I see Max and Uriah at the door. Marcus must have noticed too because he is now hitting me and Tori so neither of us can get up to open the door.

Marcus lifts his belt again but this time he is aiming for my stomach, I quickly put my hands over my stomach and roll into a small ball. Then I hear thumping at the door, Max is trying to knock it down. Marcus takes out a gun and aims it at my stomach, he must have noticed the bump. My eyes grow wider with fear.

Tobias starts running towards the door and says something to Max, and backs up about ten feet. Then he starts to run, he hits the door and it falls down, ''Marcus, stop this.'' Tobias says sternly.

Marcus just smirks and turns off the safety on the gun, my body goes rigid.

''If you want Tris and the baby to live you will do something for me,'' Marcus says slyly.

"And what is that?''

"Oh, you'll find out soon enough,'' Marcus answers and my jaw drops.

Tobias stays silent and whispers something to Max and he nods, ''Fine.'' Tobias says through gritted teeth. Marcus smiles in victory and puts his gun down.

The second he does so he is put in handcuffs and brought out. I collapse into Tobias' arms and let out a shaky breath. ''I love you.''

"I love you too, Tris.'' Tobias coos.

I wake up and at 3am to a knock at the door, who would be at the door this early? I open the door to see Max, ''Hi Tris, I wanted to offer you a job,'' he says with a strict and calm tone.

I nod and he says, ''I wanted to know if you wanted to be an Ambassador to Abnegation,'' he says and I smile brightly, ''let me know by dinner, tomorrow you would need to go if you took the job.''

I nod, ''Okay, thank you, I will talk to Four about it.'' With that I close the door and go back to bed to see Tobias is awake. "Who was at the door?''

''Max, he wanted to know if I wanted to be Ambassador to Abnegation.'' I say and his face lights up.

''Thats a great offer! Take it! Whens the first meeting if you take the offer?''

"Okay, I will take it! And the first meeting is tomorrow in Abnegation obviously.'' I say.

He chuckles and we both drift back to sleep.

The next morning I quickly get dressed and showered to meet Max in his office to tell him I am taking the offer. I wake up Tobias to tell him where I am going then he gets up to get ready himself.

I walk out and find his office, when I knock on the door I am greeted with, ''Good morning, have you decided on the offer?''

"Yes, I will take the offer. But, will I still be able to train initiates and work at the tattoo parlor?'' I ask and Max nods.

''Thank you for accepting the offer, since you are from there I assume you have somewhere to stay. The meeting starts at 12pm at the Abnegation head quarters tomorrow. You will be able to continue your current jobs.'' After he says that I nod and smile, then walk out.

I get back to the apartment, when a horrible image occurs, ''Tobias,'' I start while trembling with fear, ''Since Eric and my parents are alive what about Jeanine?''

His eyes go wide and pulls me into an embrace, ''I will keep you safe, I love you.''

''I love you too, Tobias.''