Chapter 9

Tobias POV

I open my eyes to see that its only 3am, Tris is asleep so I won't bother her. I get up to go to the bathroom and when I walk back into the bedroom I hear Tris talking in her sleep.

"No, Caleb, please don't jump!" I hear her say with a light sob. "Caleb I love you please," Should I wake her up? If this keeps going I will. "No! Caleb!," at this point she is sobbing louder, "I love you." she says in between breaths.

"Tris," I say. "Tris," she jolts up and starts sobbing. "Caleb, he broke his promise."

"Tris that was a dream, this isn't a dream, us, now." I reply trying to sooth her. "You go back to sleep and I will go check on Caleb okay?"

"Okay, thank you," I walk out the door as Tris gets back into bed and I head towards Caleb's apartment. I hope he is alright, even though he betrayed Tris, she would be depressed if he died. I find his room and knock on the door, after a few minutes I knock again. 10 minutes later Caleb answers the door, "What?" he looks very mad that I woke him up at this time.

"Sorry I woke you up, Tris had a nightmare that you broke your promise on something so I just came over to check on you," Caleb looks at me like he is hiding something. "What was the promise you made?"

"I promised that when she went back to the apartment I wouldn't go back to the banister and. . . you know, jump," he answers.

"Okay, I will just leave you alone now." I walk away and go back to my apartment, I see that Tris fell back asleep, so I don't bother waking her up. So I lay down and fall asleep quickly.

******
Tris
******

I wake up late, around 10:00am. Tobias is still asleep, he was gone for a while last night, and he never woke me up, so im assuming Caleb is alright. I get out of bed, grap a towel, and go to the bathroom to have a shower. I turn on the water and look into the mirror, I must have scratched at my face while I was asleep, because I have a cut on my cheek.

After I undress I jump into the shower and lather my body with soap and rinse it away, I stand there for a while thinking. Eventually I decide to get out and get dressed, when I get Tobias is still asleep. I quickly get changed, brush my hair, and put it is a braid since my hair has grown since I cut it.

When I finish the braid I tie it with a rubber band, right when I finish Tobias wake up, "Morning sleepy head, want me to get us some breakfast or should I wait for you?" I say smiling, "I showered last night so I will get changed quickly, and wait here I need to tell you something as we walk over," he replies.

I nod and wait a few minutes while Tobias changes, I look at his tattoos. He probably regrets getting them but its the only thing to cover up his scars. When he finishes changing we head out.

"So what did you want to tell me?" I ask, "Oh yeah, later today we are all going back to dauntless, it would be nice to go back home," he answers, "We wouldn't be the only ones going back, so many dauntless have gone back. I would say atleast 90% of them have gone back."

"What about that other 10%?" I say worried. "They are either dead or just decided to move to another city," he answers. It sounds nice to go home finally, it will all get better soon. "What do you think we will do for our wedding? We can just do something small at dauntless," I ask. "I'm not sure, there is no rush we could do something with friends and family, nothing big." I smile and nod.

I probably shouldn't ask this but it has been bothering me. "Have you talked to Evelyn lately?" He doesn't look upset, "No I haven't I might visit her over the weekend, and since she thinks we broke up you should probanly come we should tell her the truth." I nod in agreement, "Do you have any idea why she hates me?" I say giggling, "No, she will learn to like you eventually."

We walk into the caferteria and only Christina, Caleb, and Uriah are there. Tobias gets our food while I sit down, "Where is everyone?" I ask very confused, "They all left a while ago, they finished eatting now everyones getting ready to go back to dauntless," answers Uriah. "Are you okay, Tris? You don't look very well," Christina asks.

"I'm fine just really tired, I slept bad" once I finish speaking Tobias sits down and hands me my tray, "What time are we going to leave?" I ask to break the silence.

"Soon, hopefully around 1:00," answers Uriah. I notice that Tobias has two slices of cake on his tray, "Tobias! Did you take my slice of cake?!" With a mouth full of cake he says with a snort and sarcasm, "What? No"

"Whatever," I say laughing "I didn't really want cake I was just messing around." We finish eatting breakfast in silence and walk back up to our room, "How will we get in to Dauntless with all our bags? Should we just throw them down first?"

"Probably two people will jump and then throw down the bags, then everyone else will jump," answers Tobias.

"Hopefully everything goes well." We pack our backs with the small amount of stuff we have and then walk over to Uriah and Zekes room, everyone is there and ready to leave. "Lets go!" say Uriah sounding excitied.

We all walk in a group outside to the train tracks and wait for a few minutes for a train to come.

We finally see a train driving by and one by one we get on. First Christina, then Caleb, Zeke, Shauna, Uriah, Tobias, then me.

Its a short ride to Dauntless so I decide to close my eyes and fall asleep.