Chapter 12

Tobias POV

"Tobias wake up it's time for capture the flag," Tris says while trying to drag me out of the bed. I groan and get up, we have to be at the tracks by 12:15 and its 11:58 so Tris hops onto my back and we run to the iniciates room, Tris shrieks with laughter and it wakes up most of the iniciates.

They go into the hallway and look at us like we are crazy, which makes Tris laugh even harder. When we reach there room I yell, "Everyone get your shoes on we are going on a field trip!"

"What was that?" says Sarah, "I'm surprised you didn't wake up half the headquarters!"

"We were running late so we thought this would be faster," Tris says through a laugh. "Follow us!" I yell as Tris and I jog towards the exit to get to the train tracks. "Grap a gun and some paint balls, when you're done come back over here!"

Everyone quickly graps a gun and some paint balls, "The train is coming in a few minutes we will explain what we are doing when we get on," right after I finished my sentence I see bright head lights growing. Tris hops on first, the iniciates jump in second, I jump in last. Zeke and Uriah are already here with the Dauntless borns, after so long of jumping into trains it seems like nothing now.

"We are going to be playing capture the flag," Tris starts, "there are going to be two teams with an equal amount of Dauntless born and transfers. Each team will hide their flag and defend it, to win you have to find the other teams flag," Tris looks over to me to choose our first team member.

"Pete," I say.
"Brenda," say Uriah
"Ethan," Tris says while waving him forward.
"Jace"
"Chris," Zeke says quickly.
"Sarah,"
"Ben"
"Sally," we finish with the transfers and quickly divide the borns and now all we have to do is wait.

Tris and I sit with our legs hanging out of the train, "How do you think our team will do?" I ask. "I don't know, we have a good chance of winning I mean, our team has half strong and slow ones, with half small and fast," Tris starts, "The small and fast will have a better chance of getting the flag,"

I nod my head in agreement and pull her in for a kiss, and she kisses me back without a doubt. After a minute I hear a few of the iniciates whistling, and some of the girls look mad. Pete comes up to Tris and pushes me out of the way, and pushes Tris against the wall and starts kissing her. I can tell Tris is struggling, she is trying to get him off of her but she can't.

I pull Pete off of Tris, "I swear to god if you touch her like that again I will personally kick your ass and throw you into the Chasm!" I yell loud enough for the entire cart to hear, everyone is staring in our direction, "Why is she your girlfriend? Why would she date you when she could have me?" By that time Tris is standing by my side squeezing my arm so I don't lunge at him, "No shes not my girlfriend, she's my fiancée, do you need any further explanation?" I say flatly.

"Why would she even like you-," he says while walking away, "I don't like him I love him is that a good enough answer for you? I suggest you walk away now before I rip your head off," Tris says very harshly, that gets Pete to walk away. Her comment earns a chorus of "awhs" from the girls and groans from the guys.

"Our team will hide our flag first!" I say as the train slows to a stop, "My team follow me," Tris says in her instructor voice. We get off the train and walk far enough so the other team can't hear us talk about where we want to hide our flag. "So where did you hide your flag when you one last year, since you both won, right?" asks Sally.

"Well if we tell you it will ruin the fun of the exercise!" Tris says and Sally is obviously annoyed, "We should try hiding it high up, like high up in one of the trees or something," Mar suggests. "Sounds like a good idea, we have 15 more minutes until the other team gets to hide their flag," Tris says.

Tori finds a big tree and starts to climb it after Tris hands her the flag, once she is high enough she uses mud she got from the ground to make sure that in camouflages with the branches. She jumps down and we all decide on guards, "Pete and Ethan climb into trees on either side of the tree with the flag, and when ever you see someone from the other team come by shoot them," I say and they start to climb up quickly after.

"Split into one group of three and another of four, Four will go with Joe and Ethan and I will go with Sally, Mar, and Tori. Split up"

***Tris***

I wave the girls to follow me and they do, "Where do you think they are hiding their flag, Tris?" Mar asks. "Probably the Navy Pier, thats where it was last year."

All three of them nod, "How did you and Four meet?" Tori asks, "We met during my initiation," she nods and before she can ask another question we hear gun shots by the navy pier, we sprint towards it and I shoot down the last guard and I let Mar take the flag, we won.

Everyone is cheering while Uriah and Zeke are sulking, "I can't believe that this is the second year in a row my team lost!" Uriah says obviously mad.

"Well last year you lost when the flag was at the Navy Pier so why put it here again?" I ask while smirking, "Zeke I told you we would loose!"

I laugh and walk over to Tobias and lightly kiss his cheek, "Everyone lets get back to the trains! The next one should be here any minute!" I yell loudly so all the initiates can hear me. We all sprint back to the tracks just in time, when we stop the train slows down and one by one we all jump in.

"You can all just relax until we need to get off, but don't fall asleep," I say so the whole train car can hear me.

I sit next to Tobias who is sitting where we were on the way over here, "You look like you about to pass out," Tobias says jokingly, "I know, I haven't been sleeping very well," I answer trying to sound as awake as I can. "Everyone start jumping out!" Tobias yells.

Tobias and I are the last ones to jump, he starts talking to the Initiates and I lean against his shoulder and I fall asleep.

***Tobias***

I notice that Tris falls asleep when she almost falls to the ground, I pick her up bridal style and I hear a few giggles from the group of initiates, I roll my eyes and ignore them. "Awh isn't that cute Four is carrying Tris," one of the Dauntless borns say sarcastically.

"She fell asleep and I didn't want to wake her up so I decided to carry her, is that a problem?" I answer as calmly as I can, Its not the time for a fight. I get to our apartment and they are still following us I open the door and drop Tris on the bed. "That's so cute, sleeping with your little girlfriend huh? She doesn't deserve you, when she could have me. She won't be your little anything soon," he gives me an evil smile and walks away.

I quickly close and lock the door, and lay next to Tris. I wrap my arms around her and the last thought that goes through my head before I sleep is:

I will keep her safe and mine, even if it means loosing my life.