Chapter 1

Tris POV

Pain is soaring through my body, I am shot in a few places and I dont know how much longer I will last like this. But then something peculiar happens, I hear three more gun shots but I dont feel anything. I see David's body lifelessly slump to the ground with a loud thump.

I hear fast foot steps coming towards me, then i see a face. Through my blurred vision I see him, Caleb. I hear him mumble something but everything hurts too much to hear him, his troubled and worried face is the last thing I saw before everything went dark.

*******

I wake up in a hospital and all I see is Christina's frightened face lighten. She smiles wide and cries tears of joy and says with great excitement, "Stay here while i get everyone else" and before I can say anything, shes gone. A few minutes later she comes back with Tobias and he smiles wider then i have ever seen it.

Before I can say anything he embraces me and says, ''I thought I lost you, the doctors wanted to take you off life support last week" Christina cuts in and says, "But we all made sure that they kept you on it, and I wouldnt say they are very trust worthy so Tobias made sure someone was in here at all times." I am full of questions to ask, but there are a few I want to ask Tobias in private. "How long have I been here? Also, where are we?" I say "You have been here for 3 weeks," Tobias says "and we are in the amity compound, they have the second best medical treatment but since the Erudite...you know"

"Wheres everyone else?" I say upset. "They are coming in a few minutes, majority of them are getting breakfast since its still early," Christina says, before I respond I, yet again, drift off into a peaceful and dreamless sleep.

check out sketch pad :)