Chapter 23, Changing Minds

Authors Note* Summers' are short here in Canada,  I had to take advantage of that and went on a vacation

Authors Note* Summers' are short here in Canada,  I had to take advantage of that and went on a vacation. I apologize for the slow publishing of this chapter.

He was almost twitching,  he kept sticking his finger in and behind his tie knot,  he yanked it from side to side,  "Meng,  Can you loosen this?  It's too tight."

"QiQi,  calm down,  I'm already nervous enough,  if you get nervous too,  I'm done for."  Meng loosened the knot in his tie just enough that YouQi relaxed.

The driver looked in the mirror at the pair,  "Guys,  all you have to do is follow exactly what GuHai said."  He had his own instructions but was in on all the details.

They both sat back and drew in a long breath.

They were holding hands and when YouQi's grip finally loosened,  the blood rushed back into Meng's fingers,  "Not too much we can do now anyway,  I already called and invited them."

"GuHai said the reservations are already made right?"  Meng was looking at YouQi with his eyebrows lifted and wide eyed.

"Yes, yes,  GuHai said it's all arranged.  There is a car on the way to your mom and dad's right now and, they will have Yin's parents with them."  He scratched the back of his head,  "It's my parents I'm worried about,  Why did "we" have to pick them up?  Couldn't we have just sent a car for them like the others?"

Meng waved his free hand, "What do I know?  I'm just doing what I was told."

When they pulled up in front of YouQi's family home,  no amount of reassurance was going to change the fact that his knees felt like they were filled with mud.

In a beautifully choreographed dance,  the cap fitted driver held open the door and,  YouQi,  complying with direct orders,  held out his hand for Meng to alight.

The  You home was in a very different neighbourhood from Meng's,  the witnesses to their arrival were in far greater numbers.  Their place was right on the edge of a vast open market.  There was no separation from the front of the house and the hundreds of people milling in and around the sellers,  a world of goods available,  just feet from their door.

The car just barely fit in the roadway and,  was the biggest thing in the market.  Mr and Mrs You could see the boys through the window in the door,  they were waiting,  dressed and ready to go.

Mr You was on the verge of blushing,  as the driver ushered his wife into the car he looked over the roof and estimated there were four hundred eyes on them and the showy limo.

"YouQi,  did you have to pick us up in this?  What will the neighbours think?

"Dad what can I do?  This is my car and my driver,  this is how I get all over the city for work."

He wasn't expecting his father to even speak to him,  so he hadn't prepared himself for questions.  YouQi did breathe a sigh though,  it felt good to see them.