Chapter 2, A Caring Friend

Yin was trying to calm himself too. He went to the one place GuHai hadn't checked, the small lake where they had gone fishing. Sitting there on a bench the whole afternoon,  he thought about ShiHui and was sure he no longer had any feelings for her.  She felt like something in his far distant past,  nothing more than a memory.   It was getting late and starting to get dark. 

"Why doesn't GuHai trust me?"  He knew GuHai's jealous side, he'd seen it before. It wasn't pretty.

Deciding he should head home, he wandered back slowly in the direction of the flat

Deciding he should head home, he wandered back slowly in the direction of the flat.  It was getting cold and had started to rain.   He didn't care and never changed his pace.  

Rehearsing his words over in his head. "What do I say to GuHai."

Coming through the flat door he found the apartment had been ransacked. Everything was tossed around. Broken dishes, everything thrown about. Even the television had been knocked from its mount and had fallen to the floor, cracked. 

 "Holy shit !  He's lost his mind."

Yin started to pick things up and put them back where they belonged. He gathered up the broken glass, sweeping everything into a dustpan,  he put it in the garbage bin. Turning on the tv. he found that it was completely shot,  so he carried it outside and placed it against the wall. It would have to be thrown away when he had the chance.

He decided he should eat,  not because he was hungry but because he needed to do something to keep himself occupied.  Warming up leftovers from the fridge he sat quietly and nervously on the couch and ate,  alone,  his tasteless dinner. 

"I might as well take a shower and get my stuff ready for school tomorrow."

After coming out of the shower, he found himself looking out the window and going over to the front door, opening it and peering down the street, hoping he would see GuHai heading home. There was nothing else to do but wait. It made no sense to go out and look for him. If GuHai didn't want to be found, he wouldn't be.

Waking,  the light coming in the living room window, he realised he had fallen asleep on the sofa. His back hurt and his neck was sore from sleeping all cock-eyed. Standing and stretching, his bones cracked as he did. He headed straight to the bedroom hoping that GuHai had slipped in, in the middle of the night, but the room was empty and there was no evidence of him having come home. "This is bad."

He couldn't miss another day at school so he got ready and started to make his way. It would take longer to walk there, usually, he was riding on the back of the bike. He remembered being on the bike with GuHai and him putting his hands under his shirt and touching his bare belly. He had always played coy with GuHai, but he knew exactly what he was up to. Subtlety was not exactly GuHai's strong point. 

 As for Yin, in the beginning,  he never thought of being with a man in his entire life but for some reason, a reason he could not explain,  something was different with GuHai. He knew that GuHai cared for him in a way that no one ever had. GuHai had even taken care of his father and Auntie.  GuHai defended and guarded him and always pushed away anyone who came too close.