Chapter 2

I sighed as I crawl out of bed. Optimus still hasn't mentioned anything about my true form, Moon Princess.

I've been living in the base for three weeks. We had to deal with scraplets. I was not happy about that. They may seem all sweet and cuddly but give them metal, and they devour it especially if it's living metal. I was so lucky to have been at work that day otherwise my true form probably would have been eaten and I would've revealed myself. It's been a couple weeks since that happened.

Right now in the base, Ratchet was able to track the Decepticons ship, the Nemesis.

"How are we able to track it? It normally has an electromagnetic shield on it to shield it's position", Ratchet said.

"Maybe it's been damaged?", I suggested.

"That would explain it", Ratchet added.

All the sudden, an Autobot distress beacon appeared. Optimus decided that they would go to the Autobot ship first. I waited for them to come back anxiously. I could feel that something bad was going to happen.

When they finally came back, I was horrified. Optimus had gotten sick on that ship...

"Ratchet! What happened!?", I exclaimed, worry evident in my voice.

"There was some sort of virus on the ship. Optimus got some on him... I am figuring out what virus it is... oh no...", he says.

"What?", I ask immediately.

"It's the Cybonic plague", he said. I screeched with worry when I heard that.

"Do you know what the Cybonic plague is?", Ratchet asked.

"Before I answer that, is Optimus asleep?", I ask.

"Yes", Ratchet said.

"Okay, yes I know what Cybonic plague is. After all, I am not from this world", I say.

"You're not? I find that very hard to believe", he says..

I smirk as my human form disappears and my alt-mode transforms. I smile at Ratchet.

"Hey there, doc bot", I say.

"M-moon Princess? We thought you were dead", Ratchet said.

"No. I ran like Optimus told me to. I got to Earth a year ago. I spent my time hidden while I learned about this planet", I said.

"Optimus missed you", Ratchet said.

"I doubt that. He may have been my best friend before he became a Prime but I barely talked to him after he became one", I said.

I transform back to my alt-mode and have my human form appear.

"Could you put me next to him, please?", I ask.

"But you could get infected too", Ratchet says.

"Fine. Also please don't tell Optimus. I want to be the one to tell him", I say.

"Alright but you better tell him soon", Ratchet grumbled as he turned back Arcee and Bee.

"You need to go onto the decepticon warship to look for a cure, if there is one", Ratchet says as he opens the ground bridge.

Meanwhile, I had my human form appear by Optimus.

Ratchet then turned to Optimus and saw me and yelled at me.

"You could get infected too! What are you doing?!", he shouted.

"My human form can't catch the same diseases as my real form", I say.

"Fine, fine. I guess you can stay there", he grumbled.

"Thank you", I say as I turn to Optimus' face.

I put my hand against it and he opened his eyes.

"Layla...", he says but I could tell it took a lot of effort.

"Optimus, be quiet. Save your strength", I say.

"You... remind me... of... someone...", he says.

I freeze but shake myself out of it.

"Optimus. Save your strength", I say firmly.

"Her... name was... Moon Princess... But she... had everyone... call her... Luna...", he says.

I freeze again but then ask, "What happened to her?"

"I told her... to run... I hope... she listened... but I haven't... seen her... for years... I miss... her...", he strains.

I feel a tear running down my cheek. "I'm sure she misses you too. I bet she just wants you to recognize her", I say holding back tears.

"Layla... what was... it... that you... said... about... your... best friend...", he asks.

"I said that he's seen me but he doesn't recognize me", I say.

"What... was his... name?", he asks.

"Optimus. Save your strength", I say avoiding the question.

He finally complies. I smile and motion for Ratchet to move me.

He picks me up and puts me with the other humans.

I sit down on the couch and start crying softly.

Jack comes and sits next to me.

"Do want to talk to me about it?", he asks.

I nod and we go to another part of the base.

"So, you know how I'm a Cybertronian, right?", I ask. Jack nods and I continue. "When I was a young femme, still a sparkling really, I was wandering around and Bumblebee found me and took me to his parental units. His family took me in until the war started. They then kicked me out because I couldn't protect myself", I pause crying for a bit. "I was walking by myself not paying attention to my surroundings. I ran into this mech. His name was Orion Pax and he was a clerk at Iacon. You wouldn't know what that is. We became best friends. We talked and hung out all the time even though there was a war raging. Eventually, he became Optimus Prime and became really busy. He trained me how to fight but that was the only time I ever saw him really. Eventually, we got into this really bad battle against the Decepticons. He had me hide even though I could protect myself. The battle got really bad and Optimus told me to run. I ran to my ship and flew here because there was a lot of energon there. I crash landed and ended up in stasis but while in stasis, I learned about this world. When I woke up, I took a human form and the day we met was my first day pretending to be a human." I finish my story, crying.

Jack gives me a hug and I wipe away my tears. "Thanks for listening, Jack", I say.

He nods and we head back out to the main area where Ratchet was telling Arcee to get Bee out of there. I saw on the screen the formula for the cure. I smile happily. The mech that I fell in love with will survive.