Chapter 14:Earth Gone Darkside; the Glaive's secret

Subaru sat at the desk in the bedroom, lightly tapping his fingers on it. The room smelt of midnight scented candles, cinnamon, and a sweet faint musk that he couldn't describe. Emerald eyes wandered over to the bed where the occupant of said room sat with his head in his hands. Subaru had offered to spend the night, knowing the older teen was a roller coaster of emotions. Kotori had gone to spend time with Hokuto. Seeing as Kotori got along with Kamui this wasn't a problem. Seishirou and Kamui however...the day they got along was the day hell froze over.

Getting up from the desk, Subaru sat on the bed and wrapped his arms around the older male. "We'll find him and get him back. They wouldn't have taken him if they wanted him dead. They're either leading us to a trap or something worse." He pressed his lips to the older teen's temple. "We'll get your brother back, I promise."

"I know we will, I just hope I don't have to—"

Lips met lips and soft hands pushed the older teen backwards into his pillows. When the amber eyes opened he met a loving emerald gaze.

"This may be our last night on earth, we may as well enjoy it."

"We'll meet again one day if it is. But for now, take this." A small band was slipped onto Subaru's ring finger.

"Promise ring; one day it will be something more."

A nod as their lips connected again and hands started to explore.

~#~

"Alright we'll go in groups, I think Sailor Moon should be with the outers since the negative forces are targeting him."

"Fine I'll stay with the inners. I'm the strongest so it makes sense no?"

"Fine you stay with the inner senshi bigger brother, Kamui-san can come with myself, Kurogane-san, and Fai-san."

Kamui walked with Kotori, Kurogane, and Fai, wandering the enemy's base when they were greeted with their former comrade.

"If it isn't the Sailor Senshi? As much as I'd love to fight my former teachers, I'm more interested in fighting Kamui."

Before the dark vortex could suck Kamui in, Kotori grabbed his waist so they were both transported into a separate room.

"Impressive Sailor Pluto. Here to protect Sailor Moon are you?"

"Of course I am! Sailor Moon come on, you need to get up and fight!"

"Then bring it on." A dark sword formed in his hand. "This is a good weapon; come on Sailor Moon."

"Fuuma...I can't fight you even if you are evil...you win..."

"Sailor Moon! Move! This isn't my big brother right now! He's brainwashed."

"You choose to save him Pluto? Are you going to fight me? Your older brother? I do remember things you know. I've just awakened to the winning side."

"If I must...it is my duty to protect the crown princes of the earth and the moon and if I have to fight my brother to bring him back I will. Dead Screa—"

"YOU CAN'T PLUTO! THAT'S STILL FUUMA, YOU CANT HURT HIM!" Kamui had clung to Kotori's waist, stopping the attack.

"Weak; the both of you. You're stronger than he is Pluto...use your power to destroy me or be slain by my sword."

As the sword came crashing down, Kotori hugged Kamui closer, praying the other senshi could find them and break into this kekkai structure.

There was the sound of the sword hitting metal and Kamui thought at the last second Kotori had raised her garnet rod to protect them but that wasn't the case. "So she won't fight me but you will?"

"That's right. You're not exactly my brother right now, are you?"

"How did you get in here?"

"I have my ways. Kekkais are quite easy to destroy. Pluto get him out of here. He won't think straight in matters where our brother is involved. I can't say I blame him...I'd be the same if it were Subaru-kun..."

"Bigger brother..."

"Get going!"

"Don't think just because you're here Saturn that it means the day is won."

A smirk in response. "Oh but it does because I could end the day and the night and the world if you piss me off too much. You leave me no choice Fuuma...I'm sorry it has to end this way." A pause as he looked up to the dark void ceiling. 'Subaru-kun forgive me, but if this means you're safe then I have no regrets.'

"So you'll sacrifice yourself to end this all, to save everyone?"

"Yes I will."

"Even if it means leaving behind that boy?"

"I'll come back...he's my way back...love is a never ending cycle you know?"

"Aren't your powers sealed?"

The glaive was raised. "Guess we'll see huh? Farewell little brother. Silence Glaive Surpr—" There was a slight weight against his body and pressure against his lips. Also dampness. Upon breaking apart, he was looking into orange tinted emerald eyes. "Sub—Venus-kun."

Instead of getting a warm hug, he got a sharp slap across the face. "STUPID! YOU STUPID IDIOT! I PROMISED YOU WE'D GET YOUR BROTHER BACK ON MY TERMS. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO SWING THAT CURSED THING AND END EVERYTHING DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD. DID YOU THINK ABOUT ME? AND MY FEELINGS?" Subaru was shaking the older teen now, tears pouring from his emerald eyes. "I-I don't ever want to watch you die again...and if you do decide to pull it...you're bringing me with you, understand? A life without you in it isn't a life I want to live."

"Subaru-kun..." Tears were starting to prick at his eyes now too between seeing Subaru cry and trying to put himself in Subaru's situation. He wouldn't want a life without Subaru either. He bent down and captured the boy's lips in a kiss.

The kekkai began to break and Fuuma found himself unable to move.

As the other senshi made their way there they saw a faint orange and purple glow that surrounded Fuuma, who after a few minutes fell to the ground.

"Ugh...Nii-san if I wanted to see you suck face I'd say it."

"FUUMA!" Kamui threw himself into the taller boy's embrace. "I'm sorry I took so long! I love you too!" The two of them shared a quick kiss before a light cough was heard.

"Hmm welcome back to the good side. Now transform yourself and we'll get going. This battle is over but the war has just begun."