Chapter 3:Soldier of Passion and Flame;Mars

Kamui and Hokuto sat in Hokuto's bedroom at around eleven at night, Larg sat in front of them. "So both of you have the ability of planet power."

"The moon isn't even a planet so how do I—"

"It's a cosmic figure in space, not to mention it was home to the Moon Prince."

"I sense another powerful force nearby."

"Are they friend or foe?"

"There's no way to tell at this stage, but the both of you keep your guard up at school tomorrow."

~#~

"Do you really think that stuffed bunny thing knows anything Hokuto?"

"Maybe, maybe not, but who are we to judge?"

"Have you heard about the children collapsing near Cherry Hill Shrine? I hear there's going to be an investigation there!"

"Hmm listen, Short Stuff, that sounds suspicious; maybe it's something for us Sailor Senshi to check out."

"Do we have to?"

"YES!"

~#~

After school, Hokuto all but dragged Kamui to the Cherry Hill Shrine.

"Odd, my computer's not picking up any sort of evil energy...."

"Maybe it's the spiritual energy in the air."

"YEAH THAT'S IT!" Larg had popped out of Kamui's book bag.

"GET BACK IN YOU LITTLE FUZZBALL! PEOPLE WILL THINK IT'S WEIRD FOR A BOY TO HAVE A STUFFED TOY IN HIS BAG!"

"Excuse me, can I help the two of you?" The half siblings were greeted by who appeared to be the priestess of the temple.

"Oh my, she's beautiful!"

"Pull yourself together Hokuto! Don't you have someone that's on leave right now?"

"Ohohohoho I do, but that doesn't mean I can't make the comment. Anyways, Priestess, we're here investigating the strange disturbance."

"So you people don't believe it was a natural thing either then? Please come inside."

~#~

"I'm sorry if I startled you; I can sense strong energy from the both of you, but now that my mind is clear I can see it's good energy. Please accept my apologies. I'm the priestess of this shrine; Arashi Kishuu."

"I'm Hokuto Sumeragi! Second year, high school student at the CLAMP school. Short stuff here is my younger half-brother."

"Kamui Shirou, I'm a first year at the same school."

"I find it strange that we've never met until now...I too go to the CLAMP school, I work here afterschool."

"What year are you in?"

"Second year."

"Do you know why the children have been collapsing?"

"No, I don't; it could be an evil spirit taking their souls."

"We think it's something evil, although we don't know what."

"So you're protectors of good then?"

"Something like that."

"Give me your energy!"

"WHAT IS THAT!? IS THAT SOMETHING FROM HELL?!"

"Kamui, let's go! Mercury Star Power!"

"Do I really need to use this girly locket aga—"

"YES! TRANSFORM!"

"Fine...Moon Cosmic power."

"Shabon Spray!"

"Moon Twilight Flash!"

"Your attacks are useless against me Sailor Senshi."

"Evil Spirit be exorcised!" The talisman landed on the youma's forehead, paralyzing her.

"I don't know who you are, or why you thought it was a good idea to use a temple as a base for hurting children, but this ends here and now!"

"That sign......" The blue jewel glowed, latching a necklace around the woman's neck.

The ground lit up with the red symbol of Mars. "Powers of the planet of fire release!" The red rod landed in her hand. "Mars Star Power!"

"Soldier of Passion and Flame, Sailor Mars! In the name of Mars, I'll chastise you!!"

"Unbelievable, I have powers to stop evil?"

"Yes, you are Sailor Mars! Now go on and show that youma who's boss!"

"Fire Soul!"

Watching the youma disintegrate into flames, emerald and violet eyes went wide. "Wow..."

"So Arashi-san is one of us too?"

"It looks that way."

"Will you two please explain what's going on here?"

"The three of you are destined to protect this planet using your planet powers and they will eventually lead you to your ultimate goal. I suppose I should explain."

"But I have a date tonight...I don't suppose I'm allowed to tell them?"

"That is of your choosing my dear, let's regroup during lunch at school tomorrow; there's a storm approaching."

Running up the steps was another second year. "Man this thunder is making me late to see my dear sweet Arashi!"