Chapter 31-So,where were we?

Hey,everybody!

So here it finally is, the versy last chapie of 'So will the plan work?'. Cannot believe that I actually done with this story now. Still feels like I started with this just yesterday. Nostalgic, much? :')

One more thing, I want to dedicate this chapie to all those who have ever read this story. Whether you started reading this since the start or even yesterday, this one's for all of you. Thank you all for being such wonderful and supportive readers. I love you all so,so much. 

I'll be posting an epilouge soon after as well as an author's note. So wait till the epilouge at least because that will be the final end of the story.

Chapie number 31...enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[LIAM's P.O.V.]

 "Zayn stayed at mine yesterday." Was the first thing Perrie said when we were alone in the kitchen, "And he told me everything about the two of you."

“Oh” I huffed out, my mind struggling to form actual words. I didn’t know how to respond, I felt a little tongue-tied and choked all at once. I could hear Perrie sigh, but I didn’t dare to look into her eyes. I didn’t want to look in her eyes which probably held sympathy for me. Sympathy because Zayn was going to leave me.

And that is why I was more than a bit surprised when Perrie moved closer to me and put her hand on my chin, making me look straight in her eyes. They didn’t hold sympathy, no, but there was an emotion which I couldn’t quite put my finger on. She looked sincere but tentative and I didn’t know what to make of it.

“Look, I don’t what you’ve read from the papers or anything but let me tell you that nothing happened between me and Zayn last night. The media just went a bit overboard on seeing the two of us together after so long. Don’t believe any of that, okay? Zayn and I being close and what not! They’ve got it all wrong.” Perrie said and I knew she wasn’t lying. But I still failed to understand why she was telling me all this?

“Why don’t you get straight to the point? Just tell me you’re back with Zayn and get over it. It’s no point beating around the bush. I’ll have to face it anyhow.” I replied coldly. My voice was already starting to shake but I hoped Perrie wouldn’t notice.

“What? I- No.You-“ Perrie said, fumbling over her own words. She looked at me absolutely baffled as she couldn’t quite put her thoughts into words. “Liam, what even-“ Perrie exclaimed, “No, that is not what I’m here to tell you.”

I fell silent for a second or so, looking at her quizzically. “What do you mean?” I asked.

“Liam, Zayn and I, we aren’t together. “ Pierre said and I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. “That is what I’ve been trying to tell you. You’ve got it all wrong.”

“But, I saw the articles.” I mumbled, feeling more than a bit sheepish.

Perrie rolled her eyes. “I told you, whatever you’ve read is not true. Nothing happened last night, okay?”

I nodded and furrowed my brows when a question popped into my head. “But then, how did you end up together last night? Where did you meet?”

“After your argument, Zayn switched off his phone. He didn’t tell anybody where he was heading. He didn’t know that himself. He didn’t know what he was doing. And well, later that night, he somehow ended up at the club. And that’s where I found him, weeping at the bar in the company  of a few drinks. He wasn't talking to anybody, though. Just sitting there and drinking away his anger, perhaps.” Perrie explained and I nodded.