Chapter 27-The best way to start the year is with you

Hello!!!

Happy new year to everyone once again! Updating late,as usual -_- 

Loved the response on the last chapie.Your votes and comments mean the world to me so thanks.Only three more chapies to go until this fic is over (haven't decided if I'll put the epilogue or not). Can't believe its only three chapters until I finish my very first fanfiction! o.o

Dedicating this chapie to 'betterthanwords27' just cause he's a genuinely sweet guy who I happened to get to know about only a few time ago and I'm glad I have someone like him around.Plus, he's amazing to talk to. So this one's for you.

Chapie number 27...enjoy! My ultimate favorite one! Took me hours to finish but I'm happy with it.

-Jenny aka LoveandHeartbreaks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 ~~Four weeks later~~

 [ZAYNâs P.O.V.]

Liamâs newly single. Four weeks single, to be precise.

Thatâs twenty-eight days, six hundred and seventy two hours, and forty-thousand, three hundred and twenty minutes. All of which I have spent hinting to Liam, without actually saying the words, that Iâd like to be a bit more than friends. A lot more, actually. But how Liam has not caught on yet is beyond me. Seriously, my shirts have started to smell like Liam just from sheer proximity.

Iâve held his hand so much, even publicly. Iâm almost certain that my sisters think that weâre dating already. I make him coffee everyday when he comes back from his jog in the morning, even though I have to sacrifice my sleep because it is about 5 in the morning when he returns. I take him on our so called âdatesâ to the grocery store, to the nearby park and almost everywhere you can imagine. Weâve watched endless movies together that Iâve definitely lost count. Sometimes, even when we go hang out with Niall, Harry, and Louis, Iâll come up behind Liam, wrap my arms around his middle and kiss the back of his neck. Liam hums lightly, smiles at me, and thatâs it.

Thatâs it. 

Iâve tried every trick in the book but none of them seems to work on him. I am desperate to know how the heck Niall managed to win his heart.

âZayn?â

I turned around only to find Louis standing in front of me with his eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

âCan you stop looking at me like Iâm crazy?â I asked, sounding rather irritated.

âDude, youâre phone has been ringing constantly from the past ten minutes.â Harry said, and it was then that I was made aware of his presence as well.

âThat sound is grating on my ears! Either pick it up or Iâm throwing your phone out of this window this very second, Malik.â Louis said, already moving his hands in attempt to grab my phone. I quickly switched my phone off and thankfully, my phone was saved for the day.

âIâm sorry.â I mumbled, settling down on the couch as I ran a hand through my hair.

âHey, you alright?â Harry asked, concern etched in his soft voice.

âMâ fine.â I lied. I felt the weight of someone on the sofa on my right. I looked up to find Louis looking at me intently.

âWhatâs going on, Zayn? Somethingâs bothering you? And this time, I want the truth.â Louis said.