Chapter 26-Coffee and cuddles

Hey,guys! ^-^

Sorry for the late update, I'm simply hopeless. Anyways, so I was thinking the other day how much of this story is left to complete and I guess we're about to get over.But hey,don't worry...loads of fluff and drama coming up,so yeah,there's still a lot to look forward to. 

Loved the response I got on the previous chappie. Did I ever tell you how amazing you guys are?

-Jenny aka LoveandHeartbreaks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[LIAM’s P.O.V.]

“Niall and I are breaking up” I said. Long silence.

“I’m sorry, WHAT?!” Zayn exclaimed.

All eyes snapped up to him. Zayn looked blown away, eyes wide and lips parted. Like he couldn’t believe what I had just said. Like his ears were deceiving him.

I cleared my throat and repeated, “I said that Niall and I are—“

“No, I mean,” Zayn interrupted, now standing on his feet rather than sitting down, “I mean, I heard what you just said.”

“Oh, okay.” I said, giving Niall a pleading look when Zayn wasn’t looking to help me out because it was starting to get awkward now, no body was uttering a word.

He seemed to have caught up on my message because he immediately patted my back and said, “But there’s nothing to be worried about, lads. Leemo and I are still good mates, aren’t we?” I nodded in response. “See? This won’t affect the band what so ever, I promise you that. We’re all still cool, yeah?”

“Yeah, of course.” Harry said, putting up a gentle smile. I breathed a sigh of relief because the tension in the air was gone. Zayn still looked a little mortified, opening and closing his mouth like a fish out of water, too stunned to speak for a moment.

“But,” Zayn began, finally recalling his ability to speak, “But, why did you break up?”

I felt my shoulders tense once again. Even though I had told Niall not to make up ridiculous break up stories, I still didn’t think that that would stop him from not doing so. Hes Niall, okay? I know the lad more than I know myself. Zayn’s gonna find out everything if Niall says something stupid right now. But how he hasn’t caught upon our secret till yet is beyond me, truly.

“Erm, it’s just that things weren’t working out like they were supposed to?” Niall said, shrugging casually. Zayn frowned at this information and I can tell he doesn’t believe a word Niall just said. “We practically live together 24/7, Niall. It’s not like you couldn’t get time to work things out, right? So what you mean by things weren’t working out between the two of you?” Zayn questioned.

Uh-oh, he’s getting suspicious. I know it, I just know it. I shot a look over Zayn’s shoulder to Louis and Harry who were still sitting on the couch and I could tell they were just as tensed.

No, no, no. Zayn can’t find out our secret right now!

“Well, you’re right.” Niall said, scratching the back of his head timidly. “But, you know, we figured out that we were better off mates rather than being anything else. We’re good like that, just mates. Yeah.”

“But—“ Zayn started again but thankfully, Louis came to our rescue.

“Lets not push this any further, Zayn. There’s no point. If they’ve decided that they don’t want to be together anymore then that’s fine as long as they’re okay with it. They must have thought clearly about this before breaking things up between them. They’re not kids, now are they?” Louis said, giving Zayn a sincere smile and I’ve never been more pleased with Louis.