Twenty Two

You know the feeling of the adrenaline setting in? The anxiousness, anticipated happenings you're waiting on? Because I know. I know it bad. And I'm feeling it, right now as I set foot back once more in the Montague manor. The horror, the stage of all things perfect in my family, the Kings.

There's truly nothing perfect.

Gladly enough, when I met Sebastian by the front door, he scurried away to take a break like I told him so. He kept the mansion quite clean which surprised me. Such a hardworking old man.

Since Mom wasn't home, I took joy in visiting my old home and calling this my 'secret hideout' per se. I mean, it totally could be. Nobody would be suspicious since everyone in town knows we moved into that tiny home. Not that I hate the neighborhood around us or anything. But there were more potential weapons in this place. That meant I could have more ways than one in killing...

Not revealing who it is. You'll just have to find it out for yourself.

If my father was abusive, then he must have something juicy hidden somewhere. Should I start over to the most typical place he would hide it? His room? Or the library? Maybe in the wine cellar.

God, why did we have to live in a mansion filled with rooms that aren't usually occupied?

Might as well just go to his room first. Who knows what secrecy he hides.

I walked up the grand stairs until I reached the second level, staring down the two enormous doors standing before me. Well, it's obvious that this is the master bedroom.

I pulled down the doorknob and revealed an elegant room enough for a writer. Tall bookshelves serving as walls, filled with new and old books. There was an old computer by the corner he never used. He told me it was for 'decoration' and 'aesthetics'. And I wasn't sure on how to feel about that.

There might be some glorious files hidden there. Like deceiving folders containing... videos of sorts.

Where could he possibly hide murderous weapons? If he had any.

Think, Z. Think. Think like a writer. Someone who knows the ropes.

But suddenly, someone interrupts my thinking. Groaning, I got my phone out of my pocket and saw Cheryl calling.

Ha, what a miracle! She's calling me.

I let it ring out for a few more seconds just to play with her. I wonder what's gotten in her mind. Did she miss me? Does she regret kissing that bitch that pushed her against her locker? Is she here to explain?

"Cherry Princess, what's gotten in that cheating mind of yours?" I smiled sadistically, standing in the middle of the room with my hand on my hip. Before she even spoke, I cut her off. "You know, I gotta point out that you apologized to me for kissing people when you admitted you liked me. What happened to that?"

"Zari, I can explain..." she says, making me lightly scoff.

"Then explain, Cheryl. Is this the third time I've let you done this? Fourth? I don't know. I can't count it anymore." I frowned.

"It's better if I told you in person. Meet me at Pop's?" And risk letting my friends see me talking to you? No thanks.

"No. I'd rather not. My place at 7, sharp." Before I could even burst out in flames, I ended the call. The time was half before 7, so I have to search fast and put it somewhere else. I mean, I could just leave it there since no one lives here, but I'd rather collect all my materials in one place. Just for organization.