Eleven

After a while, Ethel announced that the couple was arriving and they all hid behind walls and furniture. They heard Jughead and Betty's voice lowly and Ethel turned on the lights. In cue, they jumped out from their positions and surprised the birthday boy, Jughead.

Archie went to hug him and greet him a happy birthday, Veronica greeted him in another language, and to Jughead's surprise, he was greeted by Kevin with a hug and an introduction of his boyfriend, Joaquin. The twins did the same to, feeling Jughead stiffen under their touch, the hug didn't last that long.

All eyes were suddenly turned to Betty when Jughead asked where she went. She sang him a happy birthday with a hamburger cake in hand, as she slowly makes her way towards him. It was so creepy that Jughead had to make a comment out of it. Kevin was astonished when he blew the candles in one go.

"Hey Betts," Zariah pulls her to the side. "Do you happen to know where the bathroom is?"

The blonde girl nods, "Yeah, it's upstairs, first door from your right."

Zariah thanked her and excused herself as she went upstairs. Following Betty's direction, she got inside the bathroom with no problem. Making a beeline towards the toilet, she closed the lid and sat on top of it. She buried her face into her hands and sighed.

This confusing relationship was taking a toll in both heart and mind of Zariah. Cheryl being unsure of how to act upon her feelings was annoying her. The fact that she even told her that she likes her and knowing that Cheryl kissed Archie wasn't helping either. And that fact too, did make a pang of hurt inside Zariah's heart.

"God, why do I even like her...?" She rubs her face, groaning. "She's a fucking queen bee and the iconic mean girl of Riverdale High and I like her?!" She stood up from the toilet and gripped on the on the white sink, staring at herself.

Loud noises were coming from down stairs that caught her attention. This got her confused, making herself freshen up by throwing water to her face from the faucet and got out of the bathroom.

People were around the place. Students were leaning against the walls of Andrews residence. Someone was blaring music from downstairs so she jogged down. Kevin, Joaquin, and Veronica were in the middle of the hallway with Zander and Xael nowhere in sight.

"Guys, what the heck is going on? I thought this was inner circle only?" Zariah goes behind them in the house that's in a complete mess. The three of them looked at her with worried eyes and soon, Zariah noticed the view right in front of them.

"Z..." Veronica looks up at Zariah who continuously shakes her head at the sight of Moose and Cheryl kissing in the middle of the dancefloor. Little Latina grabbed Zariah's arm and dragged her out of the house, away from that horrible sight. Searching around, she found a shack where Jughead probably is, so she went there with Zariah behind.

"Whoa, what the—?" Jughead stood up from his seat, Vegas was sitting down next to it. "What happened inside? Why is she crying? Wait, Veronica, don't leave me in here with her! I don't know what to do!" He exclaims as Veronica made a beeline towards the door.

Zariah was currently a crying mess, sitting down on the chair Jughead sat on earlier. Vegas was quietly whimpering as the dog watched her cry. Without Veronica in view, Jughead hesitantly approached Zariah.

"Hey... It's okay," He awkwardly sooths her by rubbing her back.

Meanwhile as he attempts to calm her down, Veronica was pushing through the crowd just to get to kitchen. Xael suddenly bumps into her with Zander and he asked what was wrong, and she told him what happened. Xael's fists suddenly balled, his knuckles turned white and Zander soon noticed this. He calms him down and told him that they have to help Zariah first, so Xael nods. Veronica came back to them with two glasses of water.