Chapter 28

We walked inside and caught up on life.

"So everyone thought I was dead???" I asked.

Connor chuckled, "Yep. I was a wreck. You don't know how thankful I am for you to be here, right now, right here."

I blushed. "I missed you too." He grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers. "So when are we going back to California?"

His face drained of colour as soon as I said that. "I..um don't think we should go so soon, you know??? You just got back...we can stay here for a bit right?"

I knew something was up, but I didn't question it. "So...how are the boys?"

"They've been kind of different ever since 'your funeral'." He said quietly.

"I really want to see them. I miss them like crazy." I remembered all our good times together. That time when Kian almost broke the tv when Jc beat him in Mario kart, when we had a netflix marathon, when me and Jc were ..really good friends. I miss those days.

He squeezed my hand. "I miss them too."

"Hey...um crazy question, but where's the engagement ring I gave back to you??"

"Oh well...um crazy answer, I kinda threw it into your grave so that you would still have it forever." His face was now as red as Miranda sings lips. (Lol very interesting comparison...I thought of you Bryson<3 )

"You threw it in my grave????" I said loudly.

"Don't be mad-" he started

"That's so cute!"

"W-wait what??? cute????"

"That's so romantic oh my god! You actually thought I was in the grave and gave it to me so that I could have it with me forever??!?" I hugged him tightly. "I love you Connor."

"I love you too, Taylor."

CONNORS POV

I have to tell her about Nicole.
But I can't.
We're going back to California anyway, she'll know then.

"I love you too." I said muffled into her shoulder.

- A FEW DAYS LATER -

So we bought one-way tickets back to Cali, and Taylor is packing her stuff now. We went to buy another engagement ring, since I threw the other one in the ground for a girl I didn't even know.... but anyways, yeah. The flight leaves tonight, and I've been planning in my head about what I'm going to say to Taylor about Nicole. I planned to do it before we left for California, but I've been putting it off and I figured I'll just tell her on the plane.