Chapter 15

*2 weeks later*

We arrived in Minnesota 1 week ago. I didn't really see Connor all that much because he was spending time with his family and I was spending time with mine. I told my family that me and Connor were engaged and all they did was scream or hug me and say 'congrats'.

I was laying in my old room that my mom and dad had kept like it was when I left for California. I just sat on my bed thinking for once.

It was a Monday. The day Connor uploads. He usually uploads about 1 or 2, and right now it was 3. I instantly pulled out my iPhone and looked at my subscriptions. I scrolled until I saw a video named 'different ways to propose.' I smiled to myself. We hadn't told anyone but our close friends and family's that we were engaged yet, and I told him he could whenever he wanted. I guess this was kind of a hint to the fans.

"Hey what's up you guys! it's Connor." He said. "So... I'm back home in Minnesota visiting my family for thanksgiving. And recently something really big happened in my life." I smiled as he made his famous jump cut like he always did in vlog videos. "I proposed to my girlfriend. Yea so I asked Taylor to marry me...and she said yes." He said smiling. "So this week, I thought it would be appropriate to do a video on 'how to propose!'"

I watched the rest of the video, laughing occasionally at his silliness. Towards the end of the video, I got a text.

Connor: I miss you like crazy :(

I texted back right away.

Me: I just watched your new video. It was cute :)

Connor: glad you like it :D lets go out for dinner tonight. I miss you and can't stand being away from you.

Me: sounds like a plan.

Connor: I'll pick you up at 5.

Me: xox

I smiled and put my phone on my bed. I walked downstairs to see my dad in the living room and my mom making dinner.

"Hey mom." I said at the island on the black wooden stool. "Whatcha cookin?"

"I'm making some chicken for dinner." She replied and kept working on the food.

"Well I'm going out with Connor to dinner tonight. Is that fine?" I asked.

"Taylor." She looked at me with a 'duh' face. "Your 22 years old. You don't need my permission to go out with your fiancé."

"Right...thanks!" I jumped up and ran upstairs to my room. My brother was on my iPhone in my room.

"JAKE!" I yelled and tackled him for my phone.

"Oooooo. You and Connor are so cute!" he said in a high pitched girl voice.

I snatched my phone out of his hand. "What did you see?"

"Your whole conversation with Connor." he laughed. "But since you don't delete your conversations...i saw a few of your other conversations with other people too."

"GET OUT!" I shoved him out my door and locked it. I'm not used to having an annoying brother around, so it's a little stressful when he does something....annoying.

I started fixing my makeup and getting ready. I picked out a few outfits and decided which one was too dressy, and which one was too casual. I decided on a tribal print cardigan and black leggings with high heels. Right when I thought I was ready, I had 45 more minutes to spare so decided to curl my hair just for a slightly better look.

While I was curling my hair, I burned my wrist.

"Fuck!" I said under my breath as I looked at the burn. I didn't see a major burn...but I saw scars. From when I cut myself 3 months ago. I didn't remember anything about that day, except I tried to keep it a secret and it worked.

I snapped out of it and went on with curling my hair like there was no problem.