Chapter 8

I woke up to my alarm on my iPhone. 10 am. I grabbed it and unlocked it. I saw I had a missed call and a text from Connor.

Connor: Went to a podcast for Shane with all of o2l. We need to talk later

Ugh. I don't want to talk later! God damn I just want to run away from everything and never come back.

Wait...that isn't such a bad idea. I could just run away from everyone for...one day or so. To think.

I grabbed a fifty dollar bill and my phone. I threw on some skinny jeans and a thin sweatshirt. It was only 63 degrees in LA, so I wasn't looking forward to spending the night like a homeless person on the street. I knew I wouldn't last 10 minutes outside without wifi, so I probobly wouldn't go through with this whole 'running away' idea. I'd probobly go to Jenn and Andreas place for a bit and then come home. No big deal.

I started to walk down the pavement to their apartment. They didn't live that far away, so it wasn't that hard.

*************************************

I had walked to their apartment building and just stood there. Did I really want to go there? No. I just wanted to be alone right now. I don't know why. I just did.

I just walked and walked and walked. I saw some people who fangirled over me and were like "OMG THATS CONNORS BEST FRIEND!" and we took pictures and I signed like 2 things. It made me feel special. We talked and just had a good time like teenagers.

"Hey taylor!" one girl said.

"Hey!" I gave her a hug.

"You do know that Connor likes you, right?" she asked. I instantly remembered last night. My smile faded. "Like he has a huge crush on you." She continued.

"Oh, um yeah we've talked a bit about it but I'm just thinking about too many things right now." I replied

"So you're saying that you're giving up a chance to be THE Connor Frantas girlfriend?" another girl shouted from the back of the group.

"Well, yeah I guess you could say that." I said. Everyone gasped like it was the biggest mistake I've made ever. "Wait how do you know that he likes me?" I asked again.

"Oh he made a video 3 weeks ago. He confessed. we knew it was true." She said back.

"Oh." We went on talking about things un-Connor related.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

After they left I continued walking. I didn't know where I was going, but I just walked. It was about 4pm now. I got hungry so I got a vanilla latte from Starbucks. I know it's not exactly a meal, but come on, I'm a common white girl. Besides, I'm not that hungry anyways.

I sat down at a seat right next to a window. I was looking through Instagram while I drank my latte alone.

About 10 minutes later I looked up and saw that it was pouring rain outside. Great. I didn't exactly plan on going home tonight, because I had no idea where I was.

When I walked out of Starbucks, I tried to avoid the rain and stay as close as I could to the buildings. All the rest of the people walking by me had umbrellas and were looking at me like I was a homeless person. I felt them judging me with their eyes.

I eventually walked all the way to where no one else was walking. I recognized this place though. I remember going to the YouTube space with Jc one time. We drove past this.

I just stood there looking around like an idiot until someone called my name from behind me. I turned around making my soaking wet hair hit me in the face.

"Taylor! I was worried sick about you!" he called as he got out of what seemed to be Ricky's car.

"Connor?" I said as he got closer.

"Where were you?" he asked now standing next to me. "Why did you leave?"

I looked down. "I didn't want to deal with anything. I didn't want to live another day knowing that you're never going to be with a girl like me." I said back.

He grabbed my face and looked into my eyes. "I never said that. i never said I didn't love you." He smiled a bit.

"You love me?" I asked confused.

"I have loved you. For a long time." He said softer.

"I love you too." I said back. He leaned in to kiss me and I kissed back.

That moment was the best moment of my life. It seemed like nothing was wrong. It seemed like Connor would love me and not anyone else. It felt like I knew he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.