Happy Birthday Beth

HEY Y'ALL THIS IS A NEW BOOK I DECIDED TO WRITE. IT'S MY FRIEND M'S BDAY (yesterday) CHECK HER OUT Hades_Kid BECAUSE SHE'S SO GREAT AND YA CAN'T HAVE HER SHE'S MINE.
________________________________

Annabeth sighed, running a cramped hand through her messy golden curls for what seemed the nth time that night. Her bosses at Hera Incorporations were always working her really hard. For some reason, nothing Annabeth did seemed to please Hera, which really said a lot. Hera Incorporations was actually a company that specialized in marriages, divorces, marriage licenses, the likes. Their headquarters were in LA, but Annabeth worked at their division in San Francisco. Hera Inc. even had some lawyers who would aid in custody battles. But before Annabeth, their buildings were a disaster. Walls cracked from the wrong materials, floors creaky from loose floorboards, and the layout was just horrendous. Hera Incorporations was losing business, and fast.

That was, until Annabeth had come along. She was hired after Hera decided they needed an architect to help them patch up their rough times. Annabeth oversaw everything, from blueprints to contractors to the interior design. She had a friend Piper who had an excellent eye for that kind of stuff, even though she was a nutritionist. The job was decent pay, better than her last job at least. But as of late, Annabeth was beginning to think she was being manipulated into doing more and more work with less and less pay. To top it all off, her boyfriend Percy was away for a three month long internship all the way in New York. Annabeth was a stressball, waiting for someone to wring out all the weight on her shoulders.
Annabeth glanced at her clock. 10:20, it read.
It's 1:20 where Percy is, she thought to herself wistfully. Tracing a random design on her hand with her pencil, Annabeth slumped and rested her head on her desk. Knowing Hera would kill her if she didn't finish this design in time (it was, after all, the office design for the devil herself), she tried to muster up the strength to pick up her pencil again, but she couldn't seem to find it in her to do so. Before she even knew it, Annabeth's eyes dropped and lulled her into a haze of sleep.
________________________________
Annabeth woke with a start. She checked her bedside clock. 12:00 AM, it said. Wait a minute, bedside?

Rubbing her eyes groggily, she blinked twice and checked again. Still in her bed. How had she even gotten there?

Yawning, she stretched her arms and laid back against the headboard. She wanted to take this one minute to rest before working her butt off for the rest of the day. She glanced at her calendar. It was officially her birthday. Annabeth smiled to herself softly, then groaned quietly because her clock now said 12:01.
Off to finish those designs, she thought.
Just as she was about to get up however, she was startled by a thud on her door.

"I really hope I did this right," a familiar voice muttered, "Wait, did I- oh crap Wise Girl you're awake!"

Annabeth felt tears fill her eyes. It couldn't be. He was all the way across the country. But she knew only one person would and could call her that.

She looked up hopefully. There leaning again the frame of her door, was Percy Jackson himself. She drank in the sight of him thirstily. His jet black hair, messy as always. His sea green eyes, glowing with mirth and mischievousness. He was lean and tan as usual, wearing a navy blue sweater Annabeth had gifted to him for his birthday a while ago and some black pants. And the best part: he was smiling that stupid impish grin that made Annabeth even more sure that this was her Seaweed Brain, here in the flesh.

"Ah crap I was going to wake you up at 12:00 and be all romantic and look-" Percy pulled a cart from the side containing blue waffles and fruit with a glass of orange juice. There was even a couple blue chocolate chip cookies. "I made you breakfast."