Chapter 27

NASH'S POV-

Before the date, I guess you can say I might have lied just a little bit. When I called her I was expecting her to say she was out shopping and having fun, but she wasn't. I was on my way over to her place about an hour after I dropped her off and she wasn't there. I asked Tay and she had no idea what was going on, so I left and decided to go out to see if I could find her. I know the chances of me finding her are like so slim, but maybe I can see where she actually is. 

I drive all around the main part of town trying to see her car, but I get nothing. I turn around and right as I focus my eyes back on the road, her car is coming from the opposite way of her house. Where was she then? Should I go back the way she was coming from or just go see her? I decide to just pass right by her and go on the road she just came from. I follow it all the way, when there's a dead end. I look around at all the houses here and they are actually pretty big. Maybe it was an old friend she was seeing? Then I see somebody quite familiar walk out. Well, that solves that one. I speed back down the road to town. I don't want to deal with that ever again. But why was she there?

On the date, the only thing I could think about is why Soph was out at Jeff's. Is he actually alive and now he's threatening her? How does this manage to happen? My job is to protect her and now I feel like I'm failing her by not being there for her when I should be. We end back at my place for the night, but we both seemed a little off. Trust me I don't want anything to happen to either of us, but it's hard when Jeff can be right there when you turn around. It's scary actually because of everything he is capable of. I just wanted a night with Soph, but of course it didn't happen. 

"Nash?" Soph says and I snap out of my thoughts. I turn my head to see her and she has a small smile on her face. "You alright?" she asks and I just nod my head. Soph returns her attention to the TV and I try not to think about all the thoughts running through my mind, but it's hard. 

"Soph I need to ask you something, but I need you to be totally serious with me" I say and she turns around to face me with a smile on her face. I continue with, "Look I really don't know why I did it in the first place, but I might have followed you yesterday when you were out and I saw that you were at Jeff's. I just want to know why you would ever go back there. Are you not aware of how dangerous he is?!" I try to keep my voice down, but it's hard. 

I look up at her and her face is all pale. "Nash I..." she doesn't say anything. It's almost like she doesn't know what to say. I sigh and stand up, but I feel her little hand grab my arm and I sit back down. She grabs my hand and plays with my fingers as she says, "Look I don't know what I was thinking but I just wanted answers. When Harry left me that letter I had no idea what was going on. For all I knew it could've been a trick. So, first I went to Harry's place and then I saw all the letters you wrote me that you never told me about and then I got really mad and before I could even think, I was at Jeff's. I didn't go in, I just went shopping instead" I keep my eyes on her after she finishes but she's looking off into the distance. Well, now I feel like a total idiot for thinking that in the first place. 

"Soph I'm sorry I was just really worried about you" I explain and she sighs. She lays her head down on my shoulder and sighs. I rub her back and try to calm her down, even though I know it's not working. Right now, she just needs to calm down and forget about everything. "Soph I have an idea" I say and she picks up her head. 

"What?" she asks. 

"How about me and you go out for a little vacation just us for fun, but you're not allowed to bring your phone or anything. Just clothes and we can get away for like a week?" I ask. As she thinks over the plan, I see the smile come onto her face. 

She smiles and asks, "Are you sure that's not too much or anything I mean I can pay for myself or something.." I shake my head and kiss her nose. 

"I think that you should just start packing and let me take you on vacation" I say and she smiles even bigger. She nods her head and kisses my cheek. We both get on our phones and try to decide where we want to go. 

"Hawaii?" she asks and I shake my head. 

"I got it" I say as I look up from my phone. "We should go to Aruba!" I say and she nods her head quickly. 

"Good idea I heard it's sooo nice there when could we go?" I search through all the travel sites and finally find a package with hotel and airfare. It's in a week. I turn my phone to her and her face lights up. Just what I've been looking for. "Oh my god I'm soo excited!" she says and starts jumping on the couch. 

"Don't break the furniture" Cam says as he walks into the kitchen. 

She keeps going and says back, "Shut up and leave" which earns a chuckle from Cam. 

"You're at my place nice try though!" he says and walks out of the kitchen. Soph plops down on the couch and pretty much attacks my lips. I grab her waist and pull her onto my lap and she wraps her legs around my body. 

"I... Love... You" she says in between kisses, which makes me chuckle. She finally pulls away and rests her head on my chest. See this is the Sophie I have missed so much. The girl that is happy and loving. I feel like I haven't seen that in a while. 

For the rest of the day, we just hang out around the house and relax for the day. Something that was much needed by both of us. She heads back home at 9, which leaves me alone with my thoughts again. Not always good for me because I always end up over thinking things. I hear the door to my room open and I look to see it's Carter. 

"Hey bro what's up?" I ask him and he takes a seat on the couch in my room. 

"Sooo what's up with you and Sophie?" he asks and I pull my eyebrows together. 

"What do you mean?" I ask. 

"Well, you two have seemed pretty distant lately and all of us kinda want to know what's up between the two of you" he explains and I nod my head. 

I say, "Well there has been a lot of drama with Jeff and all that stuff and I guess you can say we both have been really stressed out lately you know?" 

Carter nods his head and asks, "So are you guys good or?" 

I chuckle and respond with, "Yeah we are leaving in a week for Aruba so I guess you can say we are perfectly fine. But while we are gone do you think you can make sure nothing happens around here? Not just you but all the guys too I just don't want anything bad happening while we are gone. The whole point of this vacation is so she can just forget for a little about all the drama here but I don't want anything bad happening here. If you know what I mean" Carter nod his head in agreement and I smile.

"Well, good luck bro hope everything goes well with you and Sophie on that trip. Don't fight because if you do, you're gonna have to deal with each other for a whole week after!" he says and stands up. With that, he walks out of my room and closes the door behind him. He's right though if we end up fighting like we did earlier, we will be stuck together for a whole week if we don't resolve it. I mean, we haven't really had a major fight yet but in all relationships there are fights I just hope it doesn't happen.

I go into the bathroom and get ready for bed. I'm over thinking everything and I probably should just get some sleep. I jump into bed after I brush my teeth and grab my phone. I call Sophie but she doesn't answer. She was suppose to call me when she got home. Maybe she forgot? I call her again and it goes to voice mail again. I go to my messages and text her, which leads me to calling her again. Now I might seem like one of those obsessive boyfriends, but if you were in this situation you would be concerned too. It just makes me really nervous. I call yet again and this time it goes right to voice mail it doesn't even ring this time. What the hell. I get out of bed, put a sweatshirt on and walk out the door. Where the hell is she this time?

Sooo sorry about not updating I'm just so busy all the sudden! I have a lacrosse game tomorrow so I can't update so the next one is probably going to be Wednesday! Oh yeah sorry about the cliff hanger too oops. Check out @mywonderlandd s books they are sooo good! Love you all thanks for reading!:)~K