Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Georgia’s P.O.V.

It was 7am the next morning and the alarm on my phone was blaring. “Turn it off, will you please? It’s too early for me to be awake.” A groggy, sleepy Harry mumbled from the bed next to me.

“Go back to sleep, darling. I’m just going to hop into the shower.”

“Can you not just stay a little longer and cuddle me and keep me warm?” Harry said as he pulled me closer tightly by the waist.

“As amazing as that sounds, I really need to get going and have a shower.” He reluctantly let go of my waist and I ran to the bathroom before he could stop me or I changed my mind.

After having a 10 minute shower, I threw on a pair of denim skinny jeans, a white singlet top and a maroon cardigan over the top. I threw on my black boots and a white scarf and headed back into the bedroom grabbing my phone off the bedside table and removing it from its charge. Stuffing it into my handbag, I walked down stairs into Harry’s kitchen where I found Anne and Gemma drinking tea and talking amongst themselves.

“Good Morning, Georgia. Tea?”

“Morning Anne, that would be lovely, thank you. Morning Gem.”

“Morning. You’re up early and look lovely as always, where are you going?”

“Why thank you. I am going to a meeting with management about the boys’ new album… How’s your hangover coming along? Headaches? You did drink a lot last night, Gem.” Anne hummed agreeing with me about the headache and Gemma drinking a lot last night.

“Oh, be quiet. Just because you didn’t drink.” She poked her tongue out at me, warning me that she was joking.

“I am the responsible one.” I reciprocated her actions by also sticking out my tongue.

“Yea, yea. Don’t you have a meeting to attend?”

“Indeed, thanks for reminding me. It’s on the other side of London and no doubt the traffic is going to be bad, so I better leave now so that I dodge some traffic and get there on time. I’ll take my tea to go.”

By the time I left Harry’s apartment, it was 8:30am and the meeting was a 9am. I had 30 minutes to get to the other side of London. Hopefully traffic isn’t bad.

25 minutes later, I arrived at One Direction’s Management building. I parked the car and grabbed my handbag from the passenger seat. Walking into the building, I was greeted by the door guards. I showed them the pass Helen, One Direction’s main manager, gave to me yesterday before she left. I was immediately welcomed into the building.

The building almost had the eerie feel to it. The walls were dark and the lights were dim – to the extent where there was 1 light in every metre. Definitely not the kind of place I was expecting.  I walked into the elevator, still spooked out from the lobby. Recalling Helen’s instructions of how to get to the correct room, I pressed the ‘Level 8’ button and the doors shut. I was the only one in the elevator and they played classical music. Not the joyous classical music, no, it was the classical music that you would hear in the killing scene of a horror movie. This place was creepy. This was most definitely not like BBC Radio 1’s building where I first met the boys.

After a short but bumpy ride, the doors to the elevator opened. I quickly walked out of them before they closed. I went over to the receptionist and greeted her. She looked like a middle-aged woman with short brown hair, hazel eyes and red lips.

“Hi, how can I help you?”

“Georgia Edwards. I have a meeting with Helen like, now.”

“Oh, right this way, Miss. They’re waiting for you.”