Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Georgia's P.O.V

As I arrive at my apartment that I have booked for the next year and start to unpack my things. The apartment is quite small with one bedroom with an on suite, a kitchen, a lounge room and a bathroom. 

I walk toward my bedroom and my fully furnished apartment cupboard is empty.

A few hours later I am finished unpacking and decide to take a shower. The water feels nice against my skin and releasing my tense muscles. I get out of the shower and change into some jeans and a sweatshirt. This afternoon I was going out to look for the job that I was offered. That is the whole reason why I moved to London in the first place. You see, I was offered this job by Nick Grimshaw to work at a radio-station with him and sort of help me kick start my music career. Before I head to the radio-station, I call my mum and let her know that I have arrived safely. Even though it is 1am in Australia, I somehow know that she is waiting for my call and will still be up. 

I dial my home number. Well, my old home phone number. 

"Hello? Georgia?" 

"Yes mum it's me!" 

"Omg! I'm so glad you're okay!" I just laugh. "Did you have a good flight?" 

"Yea, I did actually! I met this really nice guy named Finn!!" 

"That's great, honey. I'm glad you've made friends already." 

"Yea, it is!" 

"Well, I'd love to hear more about it but its 2am here and I'm exhausted! Have fun and stay safe! I love you!! Mwah" 

"Night mum" 

After I got off the phone to my mum, I grabbed my bag (purse) and headed out the door. 

I was in a happy mood! Life in Australia was okay but it wasn't as good as this! Let’s hope it stays that way. 

My car had arrived about 20 minutes ago from the store. I paid for one before I came to London and they said they would drop it off at my apartment which they did! So I'm pleased about that! I get into my car and start the engine. I instantly turn on the heater to stop my bum from freezing off and in no later than 5 seconds I can feel the warmth of the heater on my arms. 

I drive down the street with my GPS on, in case I get lost and stop when I get to the set of lights. I take in the view around me. The London eye is just across the river, the bridge is about 4 blocks away and the O2 Arena is a few blocks away from that. (I have never been to London so don't judge me on my geographical description of London.) 

I drive for another 20 minutes when a few metres ahead I see a big sign/logo saying 'BBC Radio 1'. This is the place I want. 

Entering the car park was quite nerve racking since the car parks seemed so small. Plus, all the big and expensive cars were parked next to the vacant spot.

I found a park next to a big, black, expensive looking Range Rover and a Ferrari. Great. Let's hope that my parking skills are up to scratch otherwise I'm in deep shit. 

After a few minutes, I had somehow successfully managed to park my corolla in the tiny space without damaging either cars. Phew.

Walking into the building, I took in everything around me. Glass walls, desks, businessmen in suits, CD records on the wall - framed, and posters of what I presume are bands that have been here and have signed. Bands like: the Beatles, Queen, ABBA, America, Fleetwood Mac and many more. 

As I walk up to the reception desk, the receptionist stares me down. Probably thinking 'who is this girl and what is she doing here?’ I stand at the desk and we just awkwardly look at each other for a second. 

She's the first one to speak. "May I help you?" She says rather rudely. I don't take this to heart as she's probably having a bad day as it is. A famous person probably turned down her sex offer. I giggle in my head at that thought but keep a straight face on the outside as I answer her question.

"Umm... Yes, I'm looking for Nick Grimshaw's Office. I'm supposed to be here for a 3pm meeting with him."

"Let me just check if you're on the list. Name?" Not even a please? Rude! 

"Uhh... Georgia. Georgia Edwards." I told her. 

She typed unnaturally fast on her Mac computer with inhuman long nails. 

"Right, yup I see your name. Sorry, I was rude before, One Direction are here today and I thought you were one of those silly fans that always makes up excuses to get in the building." Oh! That's why she was rude and I was parked next to really expensive cars but...

"Sorry, who are One Direction?" I ask politely. 

"Are you serious? They're the biggest boy band in the world. I can tell you're from Australia from your accent and they're quite popular there so it's strange how you wouldn't know who they are. "She paused for a moment and checked her computer again.” oh they're actually still in recording upstairs which is where you're headed too. If you're lucky - you'll get to meet them!" 

She gave me directions to where I was supposed to go and followed them well. I came upon the door that said in big silver letters 'Grimmy' on the front. 

I knocked on the door gently, hoping that nick was in there. I heard footsteps coming towards the door

It finally opened and the first person I was faced with was a young feminine looking boy with black hair, really nice cheek bones, quite skinny looking and had a brilliant smile. 

"Hi, are you supposed to be here?" Why am I getting the impression that I'm in the wrong place today? What's with that? 

"Uhh yea, I have a meeting with Nick Grimshaw regarding a job?" I asked, not sure if I was in the right place. I mean it said his name on the front of the door. 

Another boy about the same age as the door guy ran past the door screaming Kevin. What the hell is going on? Who are these boys? 

The door boy walked further into the room calling Nick over. 

"Hi, I'm Georgia, I'm here for the job interview?" I politely asked Nick. 

"Oh yes, Georgia, I've been waiting for you! It's nice to finally meet you. Come in and meet these terrible boys." I'm assuming that last part was sarcastic? "I see you've already met Zayn and the one screaming Kevin is Louis. He's quite something."

I just nodded in agreement. 

"Georgia, this is Liam. Liam, Georgia" 

"It's very nice to meet you Georgia" I liked Liam already. He was so sweet. 

"Georgia, Niall. Niall, Georgia." 

"Do ya have any food? I'm starvin'" Irish. He's Irish. It's weird but I always carry around a chocolate chip muffin just in case so today, Niall was in luck. These boys were already so nice to me. Are there any more of them? 

"Here, I have a chocolate chip muffin. You can have it." His grin spread all the way to his ears. He jumped up and hugged me so tightly I couldn't breathe. 

"Niall, too..... Tight....." 

"Right, sorry Georgia" 

Nick started to walk again and I just followed him. I noticed another boy sitting on the couch looking down at his phone. 

"Georgia, this is Harry. Harry, Georgia." He lifted his head and that's when I saw them.

Those amazing green eyes. Orbs even! They shine like diamonds. Literally. We stared at each other for a few awkward seconds before we both blinked. I don't know what happened but we just connected. 

"These boys are One Direction."