#16: "Let The Fun Begin"

Now, I KNOW Ive been gone forever! But that makes this chapter especially awesome right?? 

-_- I know you guys are going to yell anyway, so go ahead. Picture of baby Lucas up soon.

--

Slowly, the Range Rover crept up the winding driveway that led up to our home. Sigh, our home. “Justin?” I asked. “Yes?” he asked, glancing over at me from the driver’s seat. “When will I be skinny again?” I asked. He chuckled, looking back at the driveway, “I don't know Fire.” I sighed, frustrated, “I want my body back.” “I want your body period,” he laughed. I playfully smacked his arm and looked in the rearview mirror. The babies were all sleeping, soundly. I knew this wouldn’t last, but I was ready for that much. “I'm surprised no one knows yet,” I sighed. “Me too, but let’s not jinx it okay?” he asked. I nodded and smiled as we pulled up to the front of the house, Pattie and Jeremy standing out front excitedly.  Their smiles could have reached the moon. As Justin shut off the engine they ran at the car and Pattie came to my side to help me out. Justin stepped forward and hugged his dad tightly. “How’s it feel to be a father, son?” he beamed. Justin laughed, “At 17? Great.” His dad smiled and placed a firm hand on his shoulder, “You, of all people, will be fine!” “Jeremy, let’s go wait inside, let them bring in the kids themselves” Pattie suggested. “Yeah, your right, they just got home, can’t hog them yet” he answered, walking with her into the house. Justin smiled at me from across the driveway, “I think they’re excited.” I nodded laughing, “Slightly.” He sighed, before opening up the back door of the range rover at the same time I did. He unbuckled Lucas and James’ car seats and picked them up by the handles. I did the same for Grace, then picked hers up. Justin walked around and set the car seats on the ground while closing the door on my side. “Got her momma?” he asked. I laughed looking down at her little face, “Yea.” He nodded and picked up the boys again, walking with me into the house.

                I couldn’t even begin to express the amount of love I feel for him, and my children right now. It was like my life was now complete, it could end right now, and id be blissed out. When we got inside, Justin and I moved into the living room to set them down, and so I could take a seat. When I sat, Pattie and Jeremy came into the room, holding their camera. I shooed the lens away and asked them to sit. We left them in the car-seats for awhile while we simply talked with Justin’s parents. Justin, who was glowing with pride, linked his hand with mine and sat next to me on the couch, looking back at the car seats placed by our feet every few seconds. I noticed Grace’s honey brown eyes gazing up at him, squinting. Jeremy smiled, “I remember when you were that little J.” His father looked down at his grandchildren. “You want to hold one dad?” Justin asked. His father looked up at him with bright eyes, “Can I?” Justin stood up and took James from his car seat and placed him gently in Jeremy’s arms. “He’s so small!” Jeremy whispered. We all nodded in agreement. Pattie’s phone went off and she scrambled to answer it. After a few minutes, she hung up and turned to Jeremy, who was crying. “It's time to go” she laughed. He nodded to her, handing James to me and wiping his eyes. “Be good you two, make sure you call people when everyone is allowed to come and see” Pattie smiled. We agreed before they walked out the door and I was alone with Justin again, well sorta.

                I felt the couch dip beside me, and I looked up to find Justin leaned close to me, watching James. “He looks just like you” I whispered. “But he has your eyes” he replied, looking up at me. “The best of both of us” I laughed. “They are all the best of us” he smiled. I beamed, “Let’s go put them in their rooms?” He nodded and stood up, taking Lucas out of his car seat and laying him in my other arm. Then he moved and got Grace out. I stood up, with Justin’s help at my elbow. We walked slowly up the stairs and into James room. Walking over to his chocolate wood colored crib I looked over at Justin. “How am I supposed to do this?” I whispered. He laughed and said, “Why don't we drop off Grace first so I can take one?” I smiled, “Thank god you’re intelligent.” He sighed, “Right.” We walked out of the room and two doors down to Graces’ room. I watched as Justin walked up to her crib and he raised her to his lips. Placing a soft peck on her head, he smiled at her. His eyes sparkled and I don't think you could have wiped that smile off his face if you wanted too. “Goodnight baby girl, I love you” he whispered. Her eyes were closed, but her tiny pink lips curled into a smile. He beamed and set her down softly, bringing a blanket over her tiny form. He then turned to me and took James. “Hey buddy” he cooed. I laughed quietly and shook my head, “You’re enjoying this.” He nodded, “A lot.” I never would have thought that being a dad would mean this much to him. We moved next to Lucas’ room, setting him down in his crib the same way Justin did, I smiled at him. We made our way to James room again. After setting him down in his crib, I turned to wrap my arms around Justin. “We did it” I breathed. “Did what?” he asked. “We’re parents, they are all here” I replied. I felt his lips press to my hair, “That we did.”

                After standing there for a few minutes I let out a large yawn. It wasn’t that late in the afternoon and I was already tired. It made sense, but it just wasn’t fair. “You need some rest” Justin breathed. “I have had a long few days” I nodded. He smiled and unwrapped my arms from around him, tugging on one of my hands to get me to follow him down the hallway. Still in my comfortable clothes from the hospital I gladly laid right down in our bed. This might just be the perfect ending to a perfect day. Justin crawled in behind me and placed a simple kiss on the back of my neck. “Goodnight my love” he whispered. “Justin it's only noon” I laughed. He laughed too and laced one hand through mine. We laid there silently for a bit. “You remembered the monitors right?” I asked. I felt Justin nod. “Are you sure?” I asked. “Sweetheart-“ he started. Then out of the silence came a piercing cry. Justin sighed, “Let the fun begin.” I laughed, “I'm sorry.” Sitting up in bed I rested against the headboard as Justin went to retrieve Lucas, the one who decided to cry. He walked back into the room with him, bouncing him up and down in his arms cooing. “Hush little baby don't say a word” Justin sang. I watched as Lucas kept crying. “Why won’t he hush?” Justin whimpered. I laughed and stuck my arms out, waiting for my boys. After handing Lucas to me, he hopped up into the bed next to me and leaned his head over my shoulder. Lucas quieted slightly as he gazed up at my face. His fingers clenched into little fists and he wiggled about. “Now Lucas, why so fussy?” I asked.

                “Maybe he was just aiming at some alone time with us already?” Justin laughed. I ran my fingers through his hair softly and gently poked his nose, “Well then he knows how to get what he wants!” I quietly laughed when Lucas smiled at my voice. “Oh baby boy, what am I going to do with you?” I smiled. Justin reached out and stroked the side of his face, “He’s so tiny.” His tiny brown eyes began to flicker, until they closed completely. “Take him back to bed, I'm going to get some sleep” I smiled, whispering gently. Justin nodded and I dozed off shortly after he left the room. Tomorrow would be a big day.

--

:D