13- Salt Monsters

"So, we meet again," I said, pulling the covers over my chest.

"And you're still not good at small talk," Elliot chuckled and went into his bathroom to put on clothes. He walked back out and handed me a t-shirt and boxers.

"Thanks." I put on the clothes and pulled my hair into a messy bun.

"You look amazing, Jasp," Elliot said as we walked into the kitchen. "You've certainly changed since we broke up."

I shrugged. "My legs are back, I'm happy with my job, and I'm living the single life."

"Coffee?" Elliot asked, turning on the coffee machine.

I shook my head. "No thanks, Elli."

The doorbell rang causing him to go and check the door. I stayed in the kitchen, not wanting to intrude. Giggles erupted from the doorway making me curious.

Elliot walked back into the kitchen with a little girl behind him. Tears welled up in my eyes as I watched Ever. The last time I saw her, she was pale and bony. Now, she looked happy and healthy.

"Jasper?" Elliot's voice brought me out of my thoughts. Once he got my attention he gestured for me to come closer. "This is Jasper, Ever," He told his daughter.

Ever looked at me with her big caramel colored eyes and smiled. "I remember you! You gave me blood at the hospital!" She attacked me with a hug.

I felt tears spill out of my eyes as I hugged Ever. She let go of me and went back to Elliot.

"Can I go watch Spongebob?" She asked her dad. Elliot nodded and waited until she went upstairs. He turned to me as soon as he heard the door close.

"Jasper?" His voice was gentle as he moved closer to me. "Are you okay?"

I started to nod and then shook my head. "I don't know," I wailed. He wrapped his arms around me and held me to his chest. I sobbed as he rubbed my back. "I'm so sorry," I repeated over and over again.

"For what?" Elliot pulled back to look at me.

"For everything." I wiped my eyes and sniffled. "I should've never left you that day. I'm such an idiot."

"Baby, its okay," He assured me.

"Hey, Dad?" Ever ran into kitchen. "Can we make pancakes?"

Elliot let go of me and kissed my head softly before going to get a bowl out. Ever grabbed my arm and dragged me into the living room.

"Are you and Dad getting married yet?" She asked.

A chuckle escaped my lips. "Not yet," I told her. She shrugged and sat down next to me. We were quiet for a little bit while Elliot made breakfast.

"Let's go outside," Ever said and pulled me out to the backyard. We sat down on the swing and looked over the well maintained yard. Ever turned to look at me. "Do you still like Dad?"

The question knocked me off guard. Did I still like Elliot? Hell, I didn't even know.

"I don't know about now, but I will always love you guys." I told her.

"I love you, Jasper," Ever said and hugged me.

"I love you, too." I kissed her on the top of her head and took her back inside.

"There's my two favorite girls!" Elliot greeted us as we entered the kitchen. Ever hugged her dad and took a seat at the table.

I walked over to the stove and flipped over the pancake. Once it was done cooking I gave it to Ever. She poured syrup over it and took a bite. She immediately jumped up and spit it out in the trash can.

"Was it that bad?" Elliot asked his daughter.

Ever nodded. "It was salty. You have to put sugar not salt," She reminded Elliot. She shook her head in disappointment. "You really need to step up your game if you're going to bake for the bake sale at school."

"Aw, sorry baby," Elliot crouched down in front of Ever. "I'll step up my game for sure. For now, though, do you want cereal?"

"Anything but those salt monsters." Ever said, shuddering.

I laughed and threw the rest of her pancake away. Elliot got out three bowls, three spoons, and a box of cereal.

"Jasp? Can you grab the milk from the fridge?" He asked setting the bowls and cereal down on the table.

"Yeah." I opened the fridge and took out the gallon of milk. I walked over to the table and set it down. Ever poured Froot Loops into her bowl and added milk. Elliot and I did the same before putting the milk back.

"So, Ever," Elliot started. "Do you want to do something today?"

"Like what?" She asked him.

"We could go to the movies, a park, or the mall." Elliot said and ate some of his cereal.

Ever thought about it for a minute. "Movies and can Jasper come?"

"If she wants to," Elliot told her and turned to me. "Movies?"

I swallowed my cereal before shrugging. "Sure. I don't have work today."

"Yay!" Ever cheered and drank the rest of her milk before putting the bowl in the sink. She ran back to the table and kissed Elliot's cheek. "I'm going to play with my new toy that Aunt Tiffany got me."

"Okay," Elliot told her. "We'll leave in about one hour, baby."

Ever nodded and ran upstairs to her room. Elliot and I finished our breakfast in silence. I got up and set my bowl in the sink. I was about to turn around when Elliot blocked me.

"Elliot, move." I ordered as he cornered me.

"What if I don't want to?" He asked, smirking.

"I'll scream," I warned him.

"Really?"

"Really."

I opened my mouth to scream but Elliot cut me off.

"Ever's the only one here." He reminded me.

I frowned. "What do you want."

"It's more of what do you want."

"I want you to move."

"Are you sure that's all you want?"

"Positive." I confirmed.

"Your wish is my command, princess." He smirked and kissed me on the lips softly before stepping away.

My lips tingled as he left me craving for more.

Damnit, Elliot.

•••

I'm doing a volleyball camp at the YMCA and it's torture. I'm a 14 year old who is around 5'7" and weighs 140 pounds. Day two ended today and I'm so sore. This morning I couldn't even get out of bed. There's like 10 year olds who are not even the least bit tired and I'm like "HOW?! TEACH ME YOUR SECRETS!"

Thanks for reading :)

Comment, Vote

Love y'all ♥♥♥