30-I got you

"Elliot," I said as soon as he answered the phone.

"Hey, Jasper," He greeted me.

"Elli, h-he," I began.

"Jasp? Are you okay?"

"He escaped," I finally managed to say.

"Who—Oh my god. Jasper I'm coming home right now, stay on the phone." Elliot told me.

"Okay," I said. I heard rustling and a door open on Elliot's end of the phone.

"Baby, I want you to relax."

"How?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"Uhh...Cuddle with Issac or play a game with him."

I took Issac into the living room and set him on my lap.

"Turn on the TV and watch some Netflix," Elliot said from the phone, "I'll be there in 10 minutes. I love you."

"I love you, too," I replied and turned on the TV. Issac and I started watching an episode of Scandel. A couple minutes later the door unlocked and Elliot rushed inside. He took Issac and placed him the little baby swing before sitting next to me.

For some crazy reason, I didn't feel anger or sadness when I got the phone call. I just blanked out and called Elliot.

"Jasper, are you okay?" Elliot asked taking my hands in his. I stared at him, blankly, and nodded.

"Elliot? What's wrong with me?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow in question and leaned closer. "What are you talking about?"

"I can't feel anything. I'm not scared, sad, or upset," I said. "I'm supposed to feel something, right?" I glanced over at Issac before continuing, "He's hurt me in so many ways, physically, sexually, and emotionally. Then, when the police call and tell he fucking escaped jail, I don't feel any emotions."

"You're either in shock or numb to the pain. You've gotten hurt way too many times to even feel anymore of it." Elliot said, calmly. "But, baby, I'm never going to let anyone hurt you again. I promise."

"I love you," I whispered, unsure of what to say. 

Elliot smiled and pressed his lips against mine. 

"I love you," He repeated and hugged me, tight. "I got you, baby and I'll never let go."

~•~•~ 

"Jasper!" Elliot called, running into the room.

I looked up at him and rose an eyebrow in question. 

"We need to go to the police station," He said, picking up Issac and holding him. 

"Why? What's going on?" I asked. "What about the kids?"

"My parents will watch them. We'll drop them off on our way." 

"Okay," I nodded and ran to get changed. I grabbed the diaper bag and went to join Elliot. Ever  was half-asleep and Issac was wide awake in Elliot's arms. I took Issac and gestured to Ever. Elliot picked up Ever and carried her.

"We need to leave, now," Elliot told us and went out to the car with me following. I locked the front door and went to the car. 

"Where are we going?" Ever asked as Elliot set her down in the car. 

"Grandma and grandpa's." He answered. "Go back to sleep, I'll carry you inside."

"Okay," she mumbled and drifted off to sleep.