8- Gouda

"Ever?" I asked.

"She's 3 years old and has leukemia."

That's why Elliot has been acting weird for the past couple weeks. His little sister has cancer.

"Come on," Elliot gestured to the door. "She's awake right now and you should meet her."

"But..." I trailed off and looked at the rest of Elliot's family for permission. Emma gave me a small smile. Mr. Avlet and Tiffany nodded.

I followed Elliot into the room. Elliot shut the door behind us and walked to the bed.

"Elli!" The little girl on the bed squealed when she saw Elliot.

"Hey, Ever," Elliot greeted her.

"Hi!" She hugged him and noticed me. "Who's that?"

"That's Jasper," Elliot said with a smile. Ever yanked Elliot closer to her.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Ever asked. " I'm whispering so she can't hear,"  she added, loudly.

Elliot chuckled. "Sort of. That's not whispering, Ever."

"Shush," She ordered and shoved Elliot aside. She smiled at me and gestured for me to come closer. "You have a rolly chair?" She asked looking at my wheelchair.

"Yup," I told her.

"Why?" Ever reached out and touched my hair.

"When I was 12 years old, my legs stopped working," I explained. "So, I have a rolly chair to move around."

"Ohhh," Ever said. "Just like how I have this," she touched her beanie," because I have no hair."

I swallowed the slight lump in my throat. Elliot leaned over and kissed Ever's head.

"We need to go home, E. We'll be back tomorrow," Elliot promised her.

"Okay. I love you, Elli," She hugged him tight. A smile spread across my lips at how adorable they were.

"I love you too, Ever." Elliot let go of her and tucked her into bed.

"Good night, Jasper," She told me, sleepily.

"Good night, Ever," I said, softly as she drifted into a deep sleep. Elliot and I left the room to let her sleep in peace.

"How'd it go?" Tiffany asked as we exited the room.

"She's sleeping," Elliot told her. "Jasper and I are going to go home."

"Okay," Jaci said and they all hugged Elliot before letting us go back home.

"I know this isn't how you wanted to meet them," Elliot said when we were in the car on our way home.

"I don't mind." I shrugged. "About Ever," I began. "Is she going to be okay?"

Elliot sighed. "I hope so. We found out last year that she had leukemia. She has a rare blood type, so it's been hard to find donors."

"What is her blood type?" I asked.

"Rh negative and we haven't found even one donor."

I smiled. "You're in luck, Avlet."

"What?" He glanced over at me with a confused expression. I continued to smile like an idiot.

"You're creepy," Elliot said focusing on the road. I let out a chuckle as he parked in our apartment building's garage.

"I might be a Rh negative who wants to donate." I told him, calmly.

Elliot's face lit up. "No fucking way."

I grinned. "Yes fucking way."

"Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Jasper, this is amazing," Elliot gushed. "Thank you!"

"Anything for you and Ever," I said, smiling. He leaned across the middle console and kissed me.

"I'm so glad you're part of my life," he said once we pulled away from the kiss. We stared at each other and broke out into huge grins.

"That's the cheesiest shit, I've ever said," Elliot laughed before looking at me with a serious expression.

"What?" I asked feeling self-conscious. He shook his head and leaned in for another kiss. A knock on the car window made us jump.

"STOP MAKING BABIES!" Quinn shouted from outside of the car.

"Fuck you, Quincy," Elliot said getting out of the car.

"Where's Reese?" I asked Quinn.

"Having sex with Liam. I would be having sex with someone, but I just need a break. I'm happy with playing with myself."

Elliot and I gave him a "we did not need to know that" look. Quinn shrugged and skipped over to elevators while Elliot helped me into my wheelchair.

"Jasper?" Elliot asked crouching down in front of me. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." I nodded. 

"Do you like cheese?" he got up and walked to the elevators. I followed him, confused. 

The three of us got into the elevator and headed upstairs to our apartment. We unlocked the door and went inside to our rooms. 

Elliot went to go change while I got onto my bed and went on my phone. I was scrolling through Instagram when I got a text from Quinn.

You're an idiot - Q

How?-J

Have you seen She's the man?- Q

Yes...-J

Good now go answer Elliot-Q

Ohhh.

I looked up from my phone just as Elliot walked out of the bathroom wearing sweatpants and no t-shirt. 

"You okay?" He asked, sitting down next to me. 

"Yeah, why?"

"You're blushing like really bad." He chuckled. My hand flew up to my cheek. My face was really warm. 

"Anyways. To answer your question from earlier," I took a deep breath. "Why, yes I do. My favorite's Gouda."

Elliot grinned and kissed me. He pulled away after we made out and leaned his forehead against mine. 

"Let's go on a real date." He whispered.

  •••  

The second half of this chapter was kind of cringey, but that's my specialty. 

What do you guys think of Ever?

Thanks for reading :)

Comment, Vote

Love Y'all ♥♥♥