16- We ('re) screwed

I opened my eyes slowly and looked at Elliot who was still sleeping. He opened his eyes and smiled.

"Good morning, princess," He greeted me and leaned forward to kiss me.

"Morning," I said and moved closer to him. He put an arm around my body and pulled me against this chest. Something pressed against my stomach as we cuddled.

"Elliot?" I asked feeling the thing rub against my stomach.

"Yeah?"

"Are you naked?" I questioned.

"Umm..." He trailed off and lifted the blankets. He looked back at me and nodded.

"Did we use protection?" I asked.

Elliot's face dropped and his mouth opened. "Shit!" He hissed just as someone twisted the doorknob.

"Dad?" Ever called as she entered the room.

"Hey, Ever," Elliot greeted her while I burrowed into the blanket so that she could only see my neck and up.

"It's 7 o'clock. You need to get up and take me to school." Ever reminded Elliot.

"Go eat breakfast I'll be there in a couple minutes." Elliot told her.

"Okay." Ever nodded and waved to me before leaving the room.  We waited for her to disappear into the kitchen before getting up. Elliot got out of bed and ran to shut the door.

"I can't believe we didn't use protection," He repeated over and over while pacing the room, still naked.

"Babe, as much as I enjoy looking at your sausage in full view, we have to go to work and you need to get Ever to school." I reminded him.

"Want to shower together?" He asked picking up our clothes that were on the ground.

I got out of bed and glared at him. "No."

"I'll try to come back early, so that we can talk about last night," Elliot said kissing me.

"Okay," I agreed and pushed him into the bathroom. Elliot went to shower first and get ready to drop Ever off at school. I put on shorts and a tank top before covering myself with a robe.

"Hi, Ever," I greeted her and kissed her head.

"Hi, Jasper," she said through a mouthful of Froot Loops.

"Do you want a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch?" I asked taking out the bread.

"Yes, please." She said putting her bowl in the sink.

"Go change," I told her and started making her sandwich.

She ran upstairs to go change out of her pajamas. I made her lunch and put it in her lunch bag. I went back to the fridge and looked for the juice boxes.

"Need help?" Elliot asked from behind me.

I jumped slightly, startled by his sudden appearance. "I got it. Thank you, though." I found the juice boxes and placed one in Ever's lunch bag.

"I'm going to leave the spare key on the counter, lock the door on your way out." Elliot told me as he dug in the kitchen drawer for a key. He wore a gray button down tucked into his black slacks. He looked so fucking hot.

"Okay." I nodded.

"If I say something," He started. "Promise me not to freak out."

"Okay."

He smirked and leaned down to kiss me on the lips. "I love you," he whispered after pulling away.

My eyes widened and my heart stopped. I opened my mouth to say something, but all that came out was a weird squeak.

Ever came downstairs and walked over to us. "I'm ready." She said taking her lunch.

I snapped out of my trance and hugged her goodbye. "Have a great day," I said and adjusted her jacket. I kissed her head and let her put on her shoes.

"What about me?" Elliot whined.

When Ever was busy putting on her shoes, I kissed Elliot.

"We need to have a long talk," I whispered in his ear when I hugged him.

He nodded and pressed his lips against mine one more time. Ever and Elliot left the house also leaving me by myself.

I took a shower and got ready for work. This past week had been amazing. Ever was an angel and Elliot was, well, Elliot.

Four years later and I still felt the same butterflies as I did when we were dating. Though there was flutters and heart stopping moments, I wasn't entirely sure if I loved him.

I finished my makeup and tossed my hair up into a ponytail before walking into the kitchen. After I stuck bread in the toaster, I took out the butter. As I spread some butter on my toast, my phone beeped.

I set down the knife and answered my text.

Elliot: Hey princess
Jasper: Hi babe
Elliot: Lets go on a date tomorrow
Jasper: Our second first date?
Elliot: Yup, just you and me;)

I blushed and set my phone down to grab my plate. Walking into the dining room, I continued to text Elliot.

Jasper: Yes and you really need to do your work
Elliot: I will
Jasper: Now, Elli
Elliot: Okay!
Jasper: Good, bye xoxo
Elliot: I love you xoxo

My heart stopped and my breath caught in my throat. I didn't know what to say so I turned off my phone and wandered around the living room while eating breakfast.

I stopped in front of the fireplace where there were picture frames. A big one in the center had Elliot and Ever hugging while smiling at the camera. A few small ones had Elliot with his siblings and parents. One of  pictures caught my eye.

It was Elliot and I back when we first dated. It was the day when we went on our first date. In the picture, Elliot had his arms around me while grinning.

The last picture was Ever as a baby while Elliot looked down at her with love and awe.

That's when I remembered what Elliot was saying this morning. We didn't use protection and I might get pregnant.

We're screwed.

•••
Hi peeps!

*awkward silence*

Guess it's just me, myself, and I.

*Crickets chirp*

I'll just go.

Thanks for reading :)

Comment, Vote

Love y'all ♥♥♥