showing up & showing out

"Push Miya! She's coming! Omg look at all that hair!"

I was pushing out Ms. Avah Marie while Ci stood by me cheering me on. Jacob & Ray held my feet & Roc stood on the opposite of Ci. The five of us were like the all star dream team. We stuck together & they never left my side & for that, I was grateful. I gave one more big push & she was out. Ci cut her umbilical cord & they handed her to me. She was perfect. Ci & I were legit crying when we saw her then they took her to the nursery.

Ci's p.o.v.

The boys & I were standing at the nursery window looking at the nurses bathe Avah & wrap her up. She had to sit in there for about 4 hours so we decided to go back to sit in the room. As we turned around, all of us stopped dead in our tracks. We were staring at faces of three people that we least expected to be there. Pissed didn't even begin to describe how I was feeling at this point. Why the fuck are they here? My mom tried to walk up to me & hug me but I wasn't having that shit.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see my grand daughter Ci."

"Wait, pause. You mean the grand daughter that you abandoned for your bitch nigga husband & step son? Please be gone."

Miya's p.o.v.

I could hear Ci's voice yelling in a distance. I shook my head because that girl is loud but once I realized the voice that was yelling back was my moms, I instantly tensed up. I'd thought about this day since we left but I still hadn't completely braced myself for it. The hate that I had for my mom, step dad, & step brother was unreal. It took everything in my soul, but I got out of the bed & headed in the direction of the screaming. My mom broke eye contact with Ci, looked at me, & ran over trying to hug me. I flinched and leaned to the side. I wasn't quite grasping that she had the nerve to come up here thinking everything would be ok, just like that. Craig walked up to me next with a bunch of bullshit coming out his mouth.

"Miya, I came to see my daughter."

"She's Shad's remember? "

"Look I'm sorry for that but, I want to be in her life."

I just looked at him, then gazed at all three of them in disbelief. Were they serious right now? Did they really think that after 4 months of not even trying to figure out where Ci & I had gone that we would accept them with open arms? Did they really think we would forget how they abandoned us? Obviously they were all on something if they felt like all of that would just being forgotten about. But since I'm a God fearing person, I decided to at least hear them out. I told them they could come into my hospital room so we could talk about it.

"So when do we get to see her?"

Craig asked causing Ci to snap.

"According to you, she's Shad's so never."

He just looked at her, knowing not to say anything else because we all knew how Ci gets. I just sat there quiet waiting for them to explain the reason we were there then finally mom opened her mouth.

"We want the two of you to come back home. We want to help take care of the baby."

"It's sickening me how you guys can sit here & act like nothing is wrong. I mean, wtf? You can find us here but couldn't find where we stayed, how we were living, or anything."

I replied.

"Your dad told me everything. We knew the two of you were ok but we just didn't know how to reach out to you guys."

"& you monkey lookin niggas thought coming the day Avah is born was going to change anything? Yep. Yall are most definitely on somebody's drugs if you thought that was about to go down."

"Ci stop disrespecting me! I'm your mother!"

"Could you guys just leave?"

"But Miya we want to talk about this."

"Ok we will. Just not today & definitely not here."

& with that they left. I didn't want this day to be ruined because of those three. It was still mind boggling that they even showed up & now it was gonna be that much harder to face them.