abandoned

This chapter is short & boring sorry

When we got home from school that day, my mom & Mr. Craig called us onto the living room to discuss this mornings events. My mom looked really upset & so did Mr. Craig. I was bothered by this because I never meant to come in between their marriage. But once the conversation started, it threw me off guard completely.

"So Craig & I came up with a solution because you kids have gone completely out of control."

We waited for her to continue but then Mr. Craig took over.

"Ci & Miya, you guys are going to stay with your dad & junior is going to stay here."

My mouth dropped & Ci jumped up. Being the person that she is, was not gonna make the situation any better.

"Umm no. I refuse. Because Miya & I have both been shipped away. It's that nigga turn to get the boot."

"This is my house."

Mr. Craig shot back at her.

"I don't give a fuck if this was the white house. My mom pays bills around this muhfucka too. So ma, you agreed to this bullshit?"

"Stop cussing Phyllicia & talk how I raised you to speak to an adult!"

My mom screamed at her. Ci just shook her head knowing what my moms answer was & dashed up the stairs. My mom started to explain that basically, I wasn't coming back this time. It was hard to accept that my mom was basically abandoning her 16 year old pregnant daughter for some dude. Ci came back from downstairs with two suitcases & two duffle bags. Two were hers & two were mine. She threw the bags down the stairs then walked down instructing me to grab mine while she grabbed hers. She went over to the wall & grabbed her car keys off of the key ring & headed for the door. My mom asked where she was going & Ci ignored her as she handed my mom both of our cell phones & told me to come on. My mom screamed & tried to get us to come back. She walked outside trying to keep Ci from leaving but Ci just cranked up the car & drove off.

"Are we running away?"

"Man we 18 & 16 years old. No we ain't running away."

"Ok well then where are we going?"

"Just sit back & let your hair blow Miya. I got this."

I nodded my head & laid back. I trusted Ci & I knew we weren't about to do anything crazy. At least I was hoping we weren't.

Roc's p.o.v.

I was sitting in the studio about to burst a blood vessel. Where the fuck is Prod's retarded ass?

"Has Craig answered any of yall calls?"

I asked Ray & Jacob but before they could answer, he busted through the door.

"Damn dude. Where the fuck you been?"

"My bad we were having a family meeting about-"

"Man just tell us later. We need to get the routine & everything together. "

We practiced for about an hour. The annual talent show for school was coming up & we planned on winning like any other year. Once we got done practicing, we were just sitting around drinking water, and then I remembered Craig was trying to tell me something about what was going on at the house.

"Aye what was you trying to tell us about why you were late?"

"Ohhh. Well I got Miya pregnant-"

"Oh nigga stop playing! Ooo wee! Good luck wit dat shit dere."

Ray exclaimed. I already knew that story & had my opinion but I wasn't gonna voice it..

"Anyways.... I could hear Ci screaming something about me to Miya so I told them how my dad said that Miya wasn't worth stopping my life for & I put out the fact that Miya could've been pregnant by Shad when he raped her."

My mouth dropped at that point. I couldn't believe he stooped that low to say something like that.

"That's fucked up because you know that was a hard situation for every damn body."

"Yea yea Ci already yelled & shouted about it. Anyways this morning Ci was trying to be thug nasty so my dad made her mom kick the two of them out for good. But I think they tried to run away or something."

"What the fuck you mean they ran away?"

I said as I jumped out of my seat charging over at Craig.

"Chill bro. I don't think they're gonna go through with it."

"You better hope they don't for your sake."

Ci's p.o.v.

The next day, Miya & I went apartment searching & went to get new phones. We'd stayed the night in a hotel & I didn't plan on going back to my moms house or to hell Paso. I had money saved up from working at the shop & my dad agreed to help pay for rent & for the furniture we were going to need. We found a nice three bedroom apartment in Marietta. Once we got our phones it was time to enroll her into another school & get our furniture. We had no choice but to be independent since our own mother decided to abandon us.

4 months later