unpleasant surprises

Living in College Park wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I transferred to Banneker High School & I met the sweetest girl ever named Kaila. She was somewhat my best friend here but no one would ever replace Jasmine. My Nana & I get along just fine & ill be able to visit mommy & Ci soon. I'd been in College Park for 3 months & would be spending my spring break back home in Stockbridge. I was excited but kind of nervous. I hadn't spoke to Craig since I left & from what Ci tells me, he has a girl friend. It was okay though because I was going out with a guy named Tyler Okonma (#pause Tyler the creator. Yup, I did it Miya lol. #play) I was currently getting ready for bed. It was a Friday night & Kaila & I had went to the skating rink & were back at my Nana's house to watch movies & she was sleeping over. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth & wrapping my hair up when Kaila flew through my bathroom with the fear of God on her face.

"Miya, there is some mohawk having boy on your balcony!"

She said in a loud whisper. I wrinkled my forehead at her, wiped my hands on a towel, & stepped out to see Craig's eyes staring back at me. I closed my bedroom door & walked over to the window to open it.

"What the hell are you doing here? My Nana will kill us both if we get caught!"

I said with an attitude trying my best to whisper. I was so pissed that he would even do something so stupid.

"Hey Miya!"

I looked around Craig to see my sister jumping up and down waving at me. I smiled hard as my eyes watered and waved back at her. I had some crazy ass family. Roc was there too along with Jasmine but they couldn't stay.

"I just had to see you Miya. I couldn't stay away any longer."

Craig said as he wrapped his arms around me & I buried my head in his neck and kissed it. He kissed my cheek in return then pulled away. My eyes watered as he crossed back over the back porch and the four of them started running off. I watched them & Ci's stupid self was looking at me as she ran signaling for me to call her then she ended up stepping on the back of Craig's shoe. He got mad so she nudged him & yelled "shut up" too loud, then covered her mouth, ducked low, & kept running. I shook my head at those fools I call my family. As I closed my window, I turned around to see Kaila clapping her hands with tears in her eyes. She's so sappy!

"What are you clapping for? "

I asked as I inserted the "Orphan" dvd into the dvd player.

"That was just so sweet. It was like, Romeo & Juliet on the first floor."

She said with every bit of seriousness. I fell over laughing at her. I didn't how to feel from what just happened. I now realized I missed Craig more than ever but he was the reason I was here in the first place and on the low, I didn't want to move back home. I wanted to stay here. Drama free.

Spring break

The ride to Stockbridge was quiet besides the clicking Kaila & I were doing on our phones. We were texting each other about what to expect once we got to my moms house. I planned on hooking her up with Jacob since he'd been lonely since his ex girl friend Jazmyn moved to Cali. He'd been single ever since but that was about to change. Neither of them knew of my plans though. When we turned on my street, my heart started beating fast. I was nervous for the first time the whole ride, but I was now anxious as well. Once we got to the house, I unlocked the door with my key then opened it. I looked around & seen decorations & food & instantly got confused then everyone jumped out telling "SURPRISE!" even my Nana & Kaila behind me said it. I ran over to my mom & thanked her for all of this. I wasn't expecting any type of get together but I was thankful. I hugged everyone & started fixing a plate along with everyone else. All the adults.. well my mom, Mr. Craig, & my Nana, went into another room while us teens sat at a long table they had set up in the family room. I introduced everyone to Kaila & then realized there was an extra person. I wrinkled my forehead at the girl.

"Jazmyn?"

"Yes Miya, its me!"

I got up and walked to where she was sitting & she stood up to give me a hug.

"I missed you Miya!"

"I missed you too Jazmyn! What you doing here?"

I asked her as I walked back to my seat.

"I moved back last month. Same house and everything! Same boyfriend too!"

When she said that, my heart sank to my feet. I didn't tell Kaila I was going to hook her and Jacob up, but from the look on her face, I could tell she had her eyes on him. She knew who everyone was from pictures & the two of us were under the impression that he was single. *sigh*.

Later on that night, I was in Ci's room with Kaila, & Craig, watching her comb out Roc's hair. I don't know why she always fell into his trap when he asked her to wash it because that was just too much hair.

"Did mom tell you that you don't have to go back to CP?"

I looked at her with a disappointed face.

"Why not?"

"Why did you say it like that? You don't want to move back with us?"

"I mean, its not that I-"

"Then what is it? "

I glance over at Craig with a look of disappointment on his face. I wanted to stay but CP was just the better place for me at this time.

"Well my grades are better, its more to do, (mumbles) I have a boyfriend. "

"You have a what? "

Craig said to me with his eyes wide. I didn't understand what the big deal was. I mean, didn't he have a girlfriend?

"Don't you have a girlfriend?"

"Who told you that?"

I glanced at Ci out the corner of my eye who was pretending to focus on her boyfriends nappy hair & avoid any looks Craig & I were throwing at her. Eventually she looked up, apparently clueless to the conversation. Damn. Maybe she wasn't pretending.

"Damn Craig why you looking at me like that?"

"You told Miya I had a girlfriend?"

I swear her face slid right off and fell to the floor because that's how hard it dropped when he said that.

"Isn't that what you told Roc?"

Roc threw his hands up and turned around to face Ci with a look like "damn bitch you talk too much." Which in turn caused her to look at me because I wasnt supposed to say anything.

"Fuck all of yall."

Craig bellowed as he walked out of the room. Welp, looks like my spring break is going to be great. (Major sarcasm)

Can I get votes & comments please guys? Also, can yall share this story? Thanks a lot. -Ci