my sisters keeper

My mom was pretty satisfied that Craig & I were getting along. It was now Monday, and fall break was over. When we walked up beside each other laughing & talking, the whole crew was surprised. The feeling was mutual because I never thought things would get like this but I wasn't complaining. The bell rang & I was off to first hour. I found myself daydreaming about Craig but my thoughts were interrupted by the door swinging open and someone barging in. I looked up to see Ci looking worried. She walked over to my teachers desk, asked her something, then my teacher called my name & told me I could step outside with her. I picked myself up, and walked out. Ci was so frantic so I knew it had to be important.

Ci- Miya! They're back!

Me- whose back?

Ci- Sh-

Person- aye Miya! What dat shit do?

I peeped around Ci & saw the two people I'd hope not to ever see again. It was my ex Shad, & his best friend Khleo aka Ci's ex. Don't get me wrong, these two were our first loves, but they took us to hell & back. Roc was the best thing that ever happened to Ci & Craig was beginning to be that for me. But from the looks of it, that wasn't about to stay the same for long.

[Pause.. for those who don't know, khleo Thomas played "zero" in holes "mixed mike" in role bounce & he played the boy who didn't talk in "hurricane season" I don't know who all knows who he is but I love him too lol. He so smexy!...play]

Me- H-hey Shad...

They wrapped their hands around our shoulders & we just starred at each other in fear. What were they doing back?

Khleo- what yall doing out of class?

Ci- I was just telling Miya (awkward pause) that yall were back.

Shad(rubbing his hands together)- oh that's wassup. Well let us get back to class.

He leaned down to kiss me & by instinct I kissed back. Once they were out of sight I busted into tears. I couldn't believe this was really happening.

[Ok pause (one more time) since this is fiction, we're going to pretend that bow wow is 18. It shouldn't be that hard since he's so short anyways lmao. Khleo will be the same age. Both of them don't have hair at this point... Playyyyyy]

Later on that day, Shad met up with me again to go to lunch. I was dreading this moment because Craig was going to expect me to sit by him, be under him, etc. But that shit just wasn't going to happen today.. & however long we had left in the school year for Shad & Kle to graduate. My heart sank at the sight I saw when I walked into the cafeteria. Kle & Roc were fighting & Ci was just crying her eyes out & screaming for them to stop. Shad dropped his lunch tray to go & jumped in then Craig ended up jumping in as well. It was one big fat hood brawl. I ran off with the urge to throw up as I watched them get hand cuffed & dragged to the principals office. I ran as fast as my feet could carry me right into the girls bathroom. I leaned against the door & slid down balling my eyes out with my hands covering my face then I heard knocking at the door.

Me- go away!

Ci- its Ci! Open the door Miya!

Her voice was cracking so I knew she was crying too. I let her in and she sat on the floor next to me holding on to me. I grabbed her shoulder & cried harder. Once we got ourselves together, we decided to go home but first we made a trip to Roc's house. I walked up to the door with Ci & his mom answered. She didn't look very happy.

R/m= Roc's mom

R/m- what are you two doing here?

Ci- I... I came to talk to Roc.