Chapter 20

A/N: So after this chapter there will be only two more, one being set in the summer. I am already working on a sequel called 'Betrayals and Betrothals of a Death Eater' I'm going to wait until I get a couple of chapters done so that I can update regularly. In the meantime, I have been working on a One Direction story. So that will be coming soon.

Please vote and comment! Happy Reading! :)

Harry’s P.O.V.

‘Engaged? Evan and Blaise? Wow, did not see that coming.’

Evan, Blaise, and Seamus were sitting in silence, probably in shock. It is obvious Evan didn’t know about the engagement and Seamus fancies her still; tough luck for him.

I coughed directing their attention to me. “Evan, I wanted to apologise with what happened before Christmas and…err..” I looked over at Blaise not wanting him to know about what happened at the Department of Mysteries. Evan caught my gaze and I could tell she understood the reason I stopped.

“Blaise. do you think you can give us a minute?” She asked looking over at Seamus and I. He nodded looking a tad upset and disappointed then left the infirmary. “Continue Harry.”

“It was wrong to do that to you. But I was upset and knew you didn’t like me in the way I had originally liked you.” I rambled then glanced at Seamus who was still frozen in shock.

She nodded “It’s fine Harry. What’s done is done and in the past, forgotten and forgiven.”

“Excellent.” I smiled “So now that’s taken care of I also wanted to thank you.”

“Thank me?” She questioned.

“Yea, Dumbledore told me what happened after Bellatrix took you home. You floo-ed to Grimmauld Place, spoke to Sirius and convinced the aurors there to help out.” She nodded and started to frown. “What’s the matter?”

“It’s my fault he died.” She regretted shakily. I took a step back.

“What?” I asked shocked.

“I went to his house and spoke to him about how you and Dumbledore’s Army needed help. I told him to get the aurors but he insisted on coming.” A single tear escaped her eye. I sat on the edge of her bed and pulled her in a tight hug.

“Listen, Evan, it is not your fault. He would have come and helped out anyways. If you went straight to the aurors, he would’ve been upset he didn’t help out. He would have rather die helping out a great cause than hide behind fear.” I comforted. She nodded and calmed down slightly. “Now what’s this about you being engaged? And to a Slytherin no less?” I joked.

She chuckled before replying seriously. “I honestly haven’t the faintest idea. I thought this ring was just for our strong friendship, that’s what he told me the day he gave it to me. If it comes up again, I’ll ask mother about it, but in the mean time, I think its best we just forget it.”

“Alright, I won’t mention it again, unless you start it up first.” I smiled. “Oh and I’m sorry about your father.” I sympathized.

“Why, what happened to him?” She asked.

“He was caught in the Department of Mysteries after the battle. The aurors were all there so he didn’t stand a chance of escaping.”

“Well, I guess it serves him right; being a stupid follower and all.” She sighed.

“Yea, I just wanted you to know. Although its none of my business. We’re good right, no awkwardness?”

She giggled. “No awkwardness, Harry.”