24. Hire

June's P.O.V

I plopped down on the couch with Keith & Kit, and sighed heavily. We were going to find me a nice job today, and since Liam and mom were working today, these two were my only hope.

"Thanks for helping me, guys," I said.

"No problem," Kit said. "Is your boyband boyfriend helping today?" she asked me.

I shook my head. "No, he's at the studio again today."

Keith snapped his fingers. "Darn, I was going to return that batman dvd to him today."

I smiled. "I'm glad you two are bonding over that."

"Do you think if I ask him to be batman and robin with me on Halloween, he'll do it?" he asked excitedly.

"Sorry, bud. He did that last year," I shrugged.

"Damn it," he muttered with a snap of his fingers.

"I can be Robin," Kit batted her eyelashes.

He smirked. "This is why I love you," he said and kissed her.

The living room was filled with giggles and sounds of smacking lips, which made me a little uncomfortable to be in the room. I mean, yes, I do that with Liam, but there is a difference when there is another person in the room.

I cleared my throat. "Sorry to interrupt your makeout session, but I kinda have a deadline, here."

He paused from kissing her. "There isn't really a deadline, but alright."

Kit pouted at him, upset that they had stopped this heated moment.

"Later," he whispered and winked at her.

"Gross..." I mumbled to myself and got up to toss him the keys.

He caught them midair and slipped his hands into Kit's. "Let's roll."

Liam's P.O.V

At the studio, we were just messing around as usual. Paul was going crazy, just trying to get us back into our places and do our choreography. I tried running away from him but he caught me around the waist and tossed me over his shoulder. I laughed uncontrollably as he set me down on my spot and went to fetch Harry.

Zayn high fived me and laughed along with Niall and Louis.

Soon, Harry joined us by being tossed as well and we were all laughing messes.

Paul laughed along with us. "Boys, do we have to go through this every single time we rehearse?"

"Sorry, dad," Niall asserted.

Paul just scoffed and smacked or bums. "Alright, to your places boys."

We all groaned and got ready to make a run though of our choreography again.

"But we can't even dance," Louis complained.

"Shut up, Lou," Zayn chuckled and fabulously trottted to his spot, which caused him to pout.

"Chin up, Lou," Harry said cheekily and jogged over to his spot.

They left the poor guy pouting at himself, so I gave him a reassuring pat on the back. He smiled, shrugged, and walked with me to our spots.

"Hey, how's June by the way?" he whispered to me. "Was she mad that you ignored her yesterday?"

I shook my head. "I didn't ignore her. And she's fine, I gave her the list of days that I'll be working, and she completely understands. Plus, I got her flowers and candy," I bragged.

"You sly dog," he patted my back. "You can always win a girl's heart with candy and girly flowers."

I scoffed. "Oh, please. I already won her heart." I winked.

He laughed and playfully nudged me. "She's a keeper. El really likes her, and won't shut up about wanting a girl's night out. Can you please get on that before I kill myself with her constant nagging?" He joked...or ar least I think he did.

"Sure. She'd love that. She loves them reguardless," I assured.

"Hey! Lilo over there! Stop talking and get dancing!" Paul clapped his hands together.

Louis and I jogged to our spots.

He gave me a look. "Did he just call us by the ship name that our fans gave us?"

I shrugged and got ready to start terribly dancing.

June's P.O.V

It's been a long day. Five hours of driving around, and so far the only jobs I liked were Applebees, and the music store. Within those five hours, a couple of paps followed us around, taking pictures every three seconds. Fortunately, Kit and Keith were loving that. They posed for every single picture that was being taken. I did a responsible thing by smiling, waving, and saying nice things.

I had interviews for both jobs, and I'm currently debating on which one to choose if accepted to both.

"Kill me now," Kit complained. "Are we going home yet?"

I sighed. "Fine. Let's go home then."

"Thank god," Keith breathed. "I thought I was going to have to drive you around for five more hours....remind me why you didn't drive your car?"

I shrugged. "Didn't feel like it."

"You owe me," he muttered angrily.

"Whatever," I replied. "I'll buy you another burger or something."

By the smirk on his face, I knew he had accepted my offer.

Just by the way I was aching to arrive home, I knew I was exhausted. It took a while to drive back home due to traffic, which only made me want to be at home even more.

The feeling of ache only subsided when I saw Keith's car pull in to our drive way.

"Alright, get out," he told me.

"Rude," I mumbled.

He chuckled dryly. "I'm sorry," he apologized and batted his eyes at me. "Please, get out."

I slapped him, which made him laugh more.

"Alright, fine. See ya later," he said and gave me a hug.

"Wait, you're not coming?" I asked.

"I gotta drop Kit home," he whispered, glancing at his now sleeping girlfriend.

I nodded and got out of the car. "Alright fine. See ya later. Love you," I told him.

"Love ya too," he replied and backed out of the driveway.

I dashed into the house and felt the bliss of feeling the cool fabric of the couch.

Mom emerged from the stairs. "Hey, kiddo! Find a good job?"

I shrugged. "Applebees is a nice one, and so is the music shack. I don't know which to choose. However, I've got interviews for both on Saturday."

"I like the Music Shack. Sounds nice. But that's just my opinion." Mom shrugged.

I lay flat on my stomach and groaned.

"Man, you sound tired," she said with sympathy.

"Mhmm," I mumbled out as I closed my eyes.

Mom chuckled. "Get some sleep, then my love." I felt her kiss my cheek, and that's the last I felt before I drifted off into dream land.

~~~

(a/n haaay guys! So, if you may, please check out "Before All Else" my new story? I hope you guys will enjoy it just as much as I enjoy writing it. I have a lot planned for that book and I would gladly appreciate if you all would read it and tell me if its good. I'll be updating that story every Friday along with "Strive for the Straight Lines". Love all of you and thanks for all the votes and nice comments <3. Ttyl, read on! ~Kai)