19. The Fanfiction

June's P.O.V

Four bowls of popcorn, two boxes of candy, a glass of soda, and three movies later, Liam and I were just sitting under the covers of his bed, enjoying each others company.

The lights were all off, except for the dim glow of the television that radiated towards us.

I yawned and cuddled up to his chest.

"Are you tired?" he asked me, pulling my hair out of my face.

I nodded and he tightened his grip around my shoulders.

"I would let you sleep here, but I don't think your mom would allow that right now," he told me.

"Oh, she'll let me when you and I are about a few months into this relationship of ours." I shrugged. I looked at the digital clock on the bedside table.

8:36PM

I groaned. "I promised mom I'd be home by nine."

He pouted. "I wish you could stay."

"I wish the same thing, babe." I kissed his nose and stretched.

He did the same and stepped out of bed.

"Now," I said. "how are we going to get through the crowd of directioners and paps outside, again?"

He pulled out his cellphone. "Right. I got it." He dialed a number, held the phone up to his ear, and waited. "Hello? Hi, Trent. She and I are leaving now...yes, thank you." He hung up the phone and gave me a thumbs up. "We're all good!"

"Wow. You and your...people," I said, amused.

He shrugged. "Yeah, my 'people' is my bodyguard, Trent. Great guy, that one. It's the life of being in a boyband."

Then, it came to me. Liam is in a boyband where he will be touring the whole world for six months. I'm going to suffer six whole months without him. I can't even spend six hours without thinking of him. How am I even going to survive six months?

"Babe," he stepped closer to me. "Are you okay?"

"When does your tour kick off?" I asked.

He scrunched his eyebrows. "The tour? That doesn't happen for another seven or so months. Why?"

I frowned.

"Hey," he cupped my cheek. "I won't go anywhere without you on my mind, okay?"

"But what if-"

"What if what? I'll run off with another girl who's better than you?" he finished.

I looked down, embarassed of my thought.

"June, there is no other girl who is better than you, okay?" he said and pulled me in close for a warm, loving hug. "Now, don't think about how long I'll be away. Let's just spend as much time together as we can. I promise I'll call you, I'll text you, I'll video chat with you, I'll do whatever it takes to even hear your voice...even if it will only be for a few minutes."

"No matter the time difference?" I asked.

"I don't care if it's midnight where I am. I'll still call you anyway. Hell, I'll ditch a meet and greet to talk to you." He laughed.

I released from the hug. "Whoa, okay. Don't you dare do that to the fans," I scolded him. "They look up to you, and they love you. They devote their time to you guys, and you need to do the same as well. The last thing I want is for them to hate you for ditching them."

He pouted. "You're right, sorry."

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "But thank you for making every single attempt to reach me."