15. Coming Home

June's P.O.V

Laughing.

That's pretty much all we did during the drive home. We told my dad the entire story of how we met, and best of all, Liam became my boyfriend. Of all the wonderful things that could have happened today, I know that this event was the absolute best.

"I know graveyards are supposed to be depressing, but...I actually had fun talking to your dad's stone," Liam said as he turned to corner to my street.

"I did, too," I said. "He really likes you," I said softly. "I can feel it."

He smiled and turned into my driveway.

"Oh, no." I slapped my forehead. "Nooo."

"What? What's wrong?" he asked with panic.

"My mom," I muttered. "I still don't know how to face her." I burried my face in my hands, knowing that I will have to go through another awkward conversation.

"June," he said. "Babe, look at me.."

I shook my head.

"June," he said and put his hand on my arm. "Come on, love." He pulled me closer and hugged me. "You need to understand where your mom is coming from, ok?" he said into my ear. "I know you can't replace your dad. I can see how important he is to you. But, you gotta give this guy a chance, June. Don't you want your mom to be happy?"

I nodded, and kept listening for anything else he needed to say. "But it just doesn't feel right to be seeing her with someone else. What if she gets hurt?" I asked him.

"Then see where this goes, first." He gripped my hand. "If he does something wrong, then that's when you can say something about him. You don't know him yet, so, don't judge him. Okay?"

I removed my hand from my face and met his eyes.

He smiled. "There's my girl," he said, kissing my forehead. "Now go in there and make ammends. You know your mom loves you so much, June. She has supported you in everything that you have done for your entire life. It's time that you do the same for her as well," he told me honestly. "She loves you."

"I love her too," I muttered sadly.

"Then get in there and show her." He kissed my cheek and sent me on my way.

I got out of the car and waved goodbye as he drove away, leaving me to build up enough courage to face her again. I took a deep breath as I held the door handle and unlatched it.

Liam's P.O.V

I opened the door to our hotel room and groaned.

"Man, I miss my flat," I mumbled to myself. I turned around to find Niall sitting there, as if he were waiting for me.

"Hello, Liam," he said with a big smile and a wave.

I gave him a weird look. "Hey," I replied awkwardly.

"Okay, now down to business," he said and stood up. "Did you do it?"

"Do what?" I asked.

He frolicked around me and pushed me further into the room. "Ask her to be your girlfriend?"

I laughed, now knowing why he had been waiting for me. "Yes, Niall. Yes, I did." I heard a little rustle in the closet, which caused me to spin around. "What was that?"

"Did she say yes?" Niall said, comletely ignoring my question.

I grinned and held open my arms. "June Pledge is my girlfriend."