13. I'll See You

June's P.O.V

Buzz.

Buzz.

Buzz.

I opened my eyes and glanced at my phone on the dresser, knowing that it was still early in the morning. I sat up and yawned, feeling last night's heaviness weigh down on me the moment I did. I knew that this would happen eventually, but I just wasn't prepared to go through it last night. All I wanted to do was stay in bed, for I did not think I would have the energy to face my mother.

Buzz.

Buzz.

Buzz.

I snapped out of my depressed state and finally looked at the caller ID.

Liam Payne

I slid my finger across the screen and put the phone on my open ear. "Hello?" I answered sleepily.

"June?" he spoke. "I'm sorry, love. Did I wake you up?"

"Mhmm," I said, rubbing my eyes. "But that's okay. I needed to wake up anyway."

"Sorry,"

"No, its alright. Well, good morning!" I said as bright as I possibly could, trying hard to hide the fact that I was still broken inside.

He chuckled. "Good morning, June. Sleep well?"

"I did," I lied and rolled over on to my back. "So, what's up?"

He took a deep breath. "Well, I was wondering if you wanted to get breakfast with me today. Just the two of us?" He asked. "I was bored and I noticed that there was literally nothing to do today, so I figured, why not spend it with my favorite person?"

I smiled for a little bit of my shattered heart came back together. "I'm your favorite person?" I asked him.

"Yeah, pretty much," he said happily. "You knocked Niall right off of the number-one-best-friend title, so I would like to congratulate you by taking you out to breakfast," he told me.

I giggled and shook my head. "I accept this title as #1 Best Friend. I'd like to thank Liam Payne for discovering my tweet and posing as an insecure teenage boy in order to get in contact with me. I wouldn't be here without you!" I laughed and he joined in.

"Not bad, Miss Pledge. I will know who to nominate for a Grammy," he joked and continued laughing with me. "But seriously, though. Breakfast?"

I sighed happily and said, "I'd love to go to breakfast with you. What time?"

"Well, its 8. So lets say I'll pick you up at...about 9? Does that time work well for the award winner?"

"It's perfect," I said, loving that I won this award. "So where are we going?"

He chuckled lightly. "Sorry, love. That's a surprise."

I pouted. "Aww, that's not fair."

He laughed again. "You'll see, little butter cup."

"Butter cup?"

"What? It's an adorable name!" he argued.

"I've never heard you say that," I giggled.

"Well then you're the first," he giggled along. "I'll see you?"

"I'll see you," I replied.

"Alright, love. Bye."

"Bye," I said. I listened for the beep to indidcate that he hung up.

Beep.

I grinned to myself, and the butterflies and dragons exploded in my stomach. I shoved my face into my pillow and screamed. I sat up, fixed my hair, and took a deep breath. Getting up, I quickly got changed and put on a light amount of makeup, waiting for his call to tell me that he's arrived.