17.

Get ready ;) -xodaisy

The end of this chapter may be triggering.

I sit at a cute cafe waiting for Connor to bring lunch back, when a magazine slams down on the table. I gasp for air when I see whose face is plastered on the front. None other than Harry Styles.

"Thought you might want to see this," Connor announces, seating himself and passing me my burger.

"Thanks." I sharply reply staring down at the magazine.

"Harry Styles' Girlfriend?"

It says in big thick pink print. I flip to the page of the article and nearly want to burst into tears at the sight of the page. Photos plastered of Harry and Kendall Jenner, from the famous TV show 'Keeping up with the Kardashians'. I don't think I've hated someone so much in my entire life.

"Well at least he's moved on." I say to Connor as I push back my chair and go to walk out of the restaurant.

"You didn't eat your lunch," Connor calls from his seat.

"Shove it up your ass!" I shout, pushing open the door. I really don't feel like speaking to anyone at the moment. The balmy air softly whirls around me. I look around and see the beach not too far away. I walk across the road and make my way to the sandy beach. When I reach the coast I take off my boots and socks and wiggle my toes into the sand. I slowly reach the waves and walk ankle-deep into it. The water is warm and foamy. This is why I hate living in San Francisco. There are literally no good beaches, honestly though, I would never live in California because there would be nothing to do in the winter. I stare across the water and feel the pang of guilty hit me. I shouldn't have been so rude to Connor; he was just letting me know. Better it was him that showed me than when I was alone, who knows what I would have done. When I think about it I owe a lot to Connor. He has been nothing but kind, positive and determined since I met him. I should really thank him for everything he has done for me, regarding my career. Something in my brain is pushing me to go apologize and make things right, but the other 3 quarters are like, no stay here bitch. I make a comprise and instead of walking around trying to find him, I pull out my phone. It rings once before he picks up, god he's efficient!

"Hello?" he says worriedly.

"Hi, Connor. I just wanted to apologize for before. I'm just having a hard time with all this shit at the moment."

"Well pull yourself together soon, because after this interview is published in Vanity Fair, you will be getting a lot more attention than you're used to. Especially with the paparazzi,"

"I know," I sigh and say "Can you please come pick me up?"

"Yes. Where are you?"

"Um at some weird ass beach down the street and across the road from where we had...lunch." I instruct

"I love your specifics!" Connor laughs on the other end.

"See you in a minute!" I reply and we hang up simultaneously.

I continue to wade in the shallow water of the ocean until I'm tripped by someone.

"Abbie! I'm so sorry!" the guy says. I vaguely recognize him, but I can't put a name to the face.

"No really that's ok....what's your name again?"

"James? James from that gala ages ago!"

"Oh yeah! Sorry I have a really bad memory."

"No problem, hey would you like to out for dinner tonight?" he asks. My reason is telling me to run away from this guy, and fast, but yet again, my mouth answers for me.