5.

When I looked at my clock it was already 2:00pm. Great, just fan-bloody-tastic it is only like my third day here and I’ve missed an entire day of classes. I roll over to see Jess asleep as well. I grab my phone off the bedside table and shove the earphones into my ears, hoping to drown out the events of the past day. It doesn’t work though; I end up watching a movie and falling asleep again. The second time I wake up its 7:00pm and my stomach is growling so I lift myself off the bed and walk over to Jess.
“Jess, do you want to come and get dinner?” I ask her as I shake her shoulders. I sigh when she scrunches up her nose and shakes her head. I suppose I’ll just have to get dinner myself then. I chuck some jeans on and head out the door with my phone and wallet. I’m halfway down the road to the only restaurant I know in the place, the Mc Donald’s. As my feet start to hurt I decide it’s probably time to get a car soon. My mind scrolls through an endless amount of cars until it’s my turn to order at the counter. 
“Large quarter-pounder meal with coke thanks.” I say paying the lady behind the counter quickly, grabbing my food and walking towards the door. I decide to seat myself when it becomes apparent that my feet hurt too much for me to continue. As I take a seat a guy of about my age asks to sit across from me at my table. I nod, suddenly noticing how packed it is at 7:45pm. 
“My names Niall by the way,” He says as he reaches across to shake my hand. 
“And mine is Abbie.” I reply giving him a slight smile. He tells me that he too goes to CSU and is taking a Medical Diploma, much to my surprise. 
“I’m having a hard time balancing work, assignments and socializing,” Niall tells me laughing quietly, “Are you going to the party tomorrow night?”

“Yes I am if you are,” I wink at Niall, feeling better every moment I spend with him.

“ You like to eat, don’t you?” he questions looking down at my pile of food.
“And you don’t?” I laugh pointing down at his food and throwing a chip in his face before he looks up again. Before I know it we have started our own little food fight. 
“OK, OK I forfeit!” Niall yells back at me putting his hands in front of his face.
“Damn straight!” I say rising from the lino chairs
“I should go...”

“I’ll walk you back; it’s too late for a young lady such as you to be walking alone at night.” He exclaims.
I agree with him and begin to walk down the road. It is colder now than when I left earlier and I shiver as the wind whips against my bare arms. 
“Your cold, here take my jacket.” Niall offers and I except graciously. His coat is warm from him wearing it and has the nicest scent on it, but it is about 4 times too big. We make small talk on the way back and I think about tomorrow night’s party. What I mean by we talk, is Niall talks and I really just nod. I should probably stop doing that soon but right now I’m too distracted. Do I really want to go to this party? Maybe it won’t be so bad if Niall is there. He is a really nice guy. There is a slight pang of guilt in my stomach when I think about Harry but I shove it away as quickly as it came because he left me after that argument with Daniel. I thought I heard him mumble something to Jess, but I’m quite sure it was only a dream. What I’m not so sure about is a black Volvo speeding down the road and sharply pulling up beside Niall and me. What in the name of all that is good? 
The side window rolls down revealing a very angry, very upset looking Harry.
“Harry what are you do-“ I begin
“Just get in the car,” Harry bluntly says
“I do not have to go anywhere with you!” I object getting angrier by the second. How dare he treat me like this in front of someone else? Now that I think of it Niall looks pretty damn scared.
“Please Abbie. Just please get in.” he begs. I decide that there is no point dragging this out, I will only end up in the car either way. 
“I’ll see you later Niall,” I tell Niall, waving at him.
“Bye Abbie.” He calls as Harry drives away at the literal speed of light.
“Harry what the hell?” I fume
“I spent the entire night looking for you Abbie you had me worried sick about you.” He yelled back
“WELL MAYBE IF YOU HADN’T HAD LEFT I WOULDN’T HAVE LEFT,” I shout