1.

I could feel the wind whipping through my hair as I drove down the highway with Mum blasting some 80s shit that I still don’t know the name of.
“NEW SENSATION!” mum sang at me
“NEW SENSATION!” I yelled throwing my head back in laughter.
Although I was nervous about this college thing, Mum was helping to calm my nerves.  As we pulled into the parking lot outside my new dorm everyone on the footpath had turned to look at my mum and me. Not that me or mum cared, in fact we even flipped a few of them off in passing.
“ABAGAIL PRESTON!” mum yelled over the music whilst smiling
“They asked for it.” I said shrugging my shoulders at her.
I jumped out of the car and tied my hair up to keep it from falling in my face as I helped mum carry up my bags.

“Well this is it,” I announced as I walked into my dorm. I was surprised to see that my roommate had not yet arrived.
“Fancy…” she said sarcastically whilst gesturing to the clean, plain white room.

 “anyway I’ll let you get settled, call me when your done!” she said.
As I wrapped my arms around my mum I realized just how much I would miss her.
“Love you mom.” I whispered.
“Love you too.” She whispered back, slowly detaching herself from me and backing out of the room.

I had finished cleaning, setting up and decorating my half of the room and called my mum for a chat. I was so tired, but realizing how bad of an impression I would make on my roommate if they came in to see me passed out and smelly I got up to get a shower.  It was quieter than I expected in the hallways and I was relieved. The shower sign had a guy and a girl on it and suddenly my day just got a whole lot worse. I stepped inside the steamy, crowded shower room and felt incredibly uncomfortable. A couple of boys whistled at me, but I just put my head down and went to furthest shower that was open.

As the water pummeled down on my back all of the tension in my body was released. I couldn’t stop the quiet tune that escaped my lips and soon turned into belting as high as I could go. A few others joined in with my musical outburst and I found my-self smiling stupidly. No. I soon realized my mistake, shut the shower off, got dressed and ran out of those showers quick fast.

I was still on edge when I unlocked the door suddenly wishing I had stayed in the shower. There is guy, his arms covered in tattoos, with piercing green eyes and curly brown hair sitting on my bed.