8

We arrived at the venue and are playing our very first show of tour tonight. To say I'm nervous is a very big understatement. I guess I'm the only one that feels this way since all the other guys have been sitting around playing video games and I have been relentlessly on my keyboard playing every song on the setlist over and over.

"Will you chill out with that thing Amber? You're going to do fine tonight!" Otto yells from the front room, clearly annoyed with my racket.

"My ears are about to start bleeding!" Awsten yells from the other room.

I guess I have been playing pretty loud and relentlessly for awhile, and I probably should rest a little bit before we have to start setting up.

"Yeah sorry!"

I put the keyboard back in its place and go into the room where the rest of the band is.

"So concert starts at 7, we have to start sound check and stage prep at 4." Awsten says reading the email sent to his phone.

That gives me 2 hours to get ready. Hopefully I won't take to long since I've already taken a shower.

The guys and I nod our head, and Geoff gets up to take a quick shower. I head to my suitcase and grab my makeup bag, brush, and hair straightener.

I'll just do something simple but cute. I just do some concealer and bronzer to try and add color to my face that is currently on the pale side. I add a wing of black eyeliner and some brown shimmery eyeshadow, then coat mascara on my eyelashes and put some highlighter on.

My hair is long and kinda thick so brushing it isn't any fu, but in order for it to not look like a rats nest, I have to. I part my hair in a top and bottom half and straighten the bottom the repeat with the top.

Once it's done my hair reaches to my lower back, which is really pretty all except for the color. I'm so bored of it. Maybe I should ask Awsten his thoughts on my dyeing it?

Once Geoff is out of the shower I take a quick look in the mirror to make sure I don't look bad and grab my keyboard.

I forgot how heavy this thing is so I'm kinda struggling trying to get it off the bus. I hear laughing behind and I feel the weight of the keyboard being lifted off my shoulders.

I turn behind me and see Awsten holding my keyboard effortlessly making me look weak.

"Thank you, I probably would have dropped it" I laugh.

"Don't sorry about it spaghetti arms!"

I follow behind him into our room we will be staying in until show time. He sets it down and smiles before going off to find his guitar and Geoff.

"Amber! We're taking your keyboard on stage to set up!" A crew member tells me.

I nod my head and sit down on the couch in the middle of the room. There's a TV on the wall and a long table with a bunch of food on it. My grumbling stomach is my signal to get up and make my way towards it.

There's so much food! It's like heaven! I grab an apple and take a huge bite while looking at the rest of the table.

"Why is there HEB orange juice?" I ask myself in confusion. I reach my hand for it before I hear a voice right behind me and I jolt away from the table.

"NO DONT TOUCH MY BABY!" Awsten yells at me. He quickly takes the whole carton and hugs it. He then glares at me and walks out the door to the stage.

Geoff walks into the room, hearing what had just happens he looks up at me and says, "Uh yea, Awsten loves orange juice. More specifically HEB orange juice."