Chapter 23

It was about a half hour since Kyle left and I was stuck with a massive headache when the doorbell rang. I knew it couldn’t be Kyle because he left just a while ago. I knew it wasn’t Donovan so I assumed that it would be Ryan.

When I opened the door I was surprised. Donovan.

“Hey.” He carefully said.

As much as I was angry at him, I just hugged him tight.

“I’m sorry” he whispers. “Can I come in?”

“Sure” I gave him a small smile and then closed the door behind him.

He went to take a seat on the couch and started to speak. ”That girl…” he swallowed, “She is… was my twin sister”

At this point I didn’t know what to say. I just sat there like some kind of stupid person, not saying a word. Just looking at him.

He was playing with his fingers when he started to talk again. “Two years ago she and I went for a walk, just around the block for some fresh air… Suddenly a red car with tinted windows drove up to us; two men with masks jumped out and grabbed my sister. Just as I got a hold of her arm I saw a third guy swing a baseball bat towards my head. I was knocked out. When I woke up, I was alone laying in the park. No sign of my sister. And we’ve never seen her ever since that day. All of it is my fault, I was supposed to protect her but I couldn’t.” He had tears in his eyes.

I didn’t even know his sister but the way I was feeling now it felt if I did. I never knew that I could be affected by someone else’s emotions like I am now. There is much more to Donovan than anyone would ever know. Everyone just sees him as the rich guy, the surgeon’s son, but they don’t even know the half of it.

I stood up and sat next to him. I took his hand but again didn’t know what to say. It wouldn’t help to tell him it wasn’t his fault because he has probably heard it like a thousand times, it also wouldn’t help to tell him it’ll all be OK because it was never going to be OK unless they find her.

“Donovan… I love you…” I softly said.

“I love you too” he smiles even though I can see he still hurts and he squeezes my hand tighter.

I now understand better but it still wasn’t fair to treat me the way that he did. Was I stupid to just be like a little puppy and pretend as if nothing happen? Probably… but I guess everyone is stupid when it comes to love, and I don’t know if it’s healthy but I didn’t care.

After Don left I suddenly felt hungry, so I made myself some 2 minute noodles, not that I was a really big fan of it, but when I’m hungry anything goes!

I got a text from Kyle saying that he has some big news that he can’t wait to tell me a bit later. I was bored of watching TV so I decided to put on some music and check what’s going on on Facebook. There wasn’t really anything interesting; just some people complaining as if Facebook was a psychologist, some people posting Bible verses which amazes me as they are the ones who curse the most, then I see something fishy. Sabrina posted on Kyle’s wall… She didn’t even know Kyle!!

“Hi J You look like someone interesting and I would love to get to know you. Please inbox me your BBM pin J”

What the hell does she want now? She’s up to no good. Kyle should end up with a nice girl. Someone like Nolene, or actually anyone who is not Sabrina!

“Ughhh” I mumble as I close Facebook.

It was about 1 PM when the doorbell rang.

“Hi, Kathy-Poo” Kyle says with a grin as I open the door.