Chapter 14

It’s my first day back at school again after the accident, and luckily my stitches above my eye were going to be taken out today. It was a good thing that Donovan and I have all our classes together, because with the crutches and my ribs I would never have been able to carry my school bag around. He carries it for me all day.

It was weird at school without Jessica and I still couldn’t wrap my head around the fact that she is the one who ran me over but it all made sense now why she encouraged me that much to get over him, she tried to get me turned off by him with the hopes that she can get him. Crazy if you ask me.

“So, are you ready for June exams?” Donovan asks in his husky voice.

“No! I’m so stressed! Kill me now…” I pause and my eyes widen, “I should really stop saying that, some people take it waaaay to literally!”

Donovan chuckles, “No kidding,” he says and smiled.

“Ahhh this chair makes my ass hurt” we heard Chad say behind us.

“I don’t think it’s the chair”, Donovan whispers, but it was just hard enough for Chad to hear.

“Real mature, Donovan!” Chad snaps at Donovan.

I just sit there with a blank expression. I just never pictured Chad to be gay.

++++++++++

So here I am home alone on a Thursday, trying to study. My parents are at some kind of art exhibition until Saturday, and my sister is on a school camp. Our first exam is in a week, and we start with English, which isn’t that bad, but the next day it’s Physics.

I can’t believe we are almost half way through the year, it’s unbelievable! So much has happened in these past few months. Suddenly my thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Wonder who this is”, I mumble to myself. I knew it wouldn’t be Donovan because he is at work and he said he would come after work, which isn’t for a few hours.

I open the door to reveal Ryan. “We need to talk.” He says and walks in not even waiting for an invitation.

“Wow!” I exclaimed, “Rude much?”

These days I’ve been walking without my crutches, not that I am actually allowed to walk like that, but I’m tired of the crutches. I go sit on the couch and he follows, only to sit on the couch on the right hand side of me.

“Kath, I was stupid to let you go, and my regret came just too late. Seeing you with Donovan really made me realize how stupid I was.” He says in a soft voice.

“Kill…” I quickly stop, he’s a Parker, remember, they take this shit too serious. “Oh my gosh, you can’t be serious, Ryan! First your sister has a problem with me and Donovan, now you! Don’t tell me you are also going to run me over or something!”

“No I won’t, I care too much for you, Kath.” He smiled at me.

“Care for me? You had a really funny way of showing it! Breaking up in a text, well that must have taken guts!” I said sarcastically.

Just when I think that I can live in peace, then something happens.

“You don’t understand. I broke up with you because I knew you wouldn’t give me what I want. I knew Sabrina would give it to me. Then when I got what I thought I wanted, I realized that it wasn’t really what I wanted. I wanted you!” he looks down at his hands.

Wow, he was a good actor. Now I know how he gets girls to keep crawling back to him. Well, not me!

“Ryan, this really isn’t going to work. Did you really think that I would believe you just like that? I think you need to go. I have to continue to study.” I say without any emotion in my voice.