Chapter 3

“Ok so now I know bus guy’s name. Donovan Landon. His eyes, his smile, his hair, even his voice is so damn sexy! No! Stop it Katherine! You cannot and will not fall for this guy… No matter what! Do you really want to be a hobo because you couldn’t get a decent job because of the fact that you didn’t get into university thanks to a guy? Get your head straight!” Well maybe it isn’t that easy…

Well it seems that Donovan and I have ALL our classes together. “Woohoo, lucky me! NOT… This guy with his dazzling smile is making life hard for me. Just kill me now, it would be a lot easier! I have 7 subjects, so does he, and in 6 out of the 7 classes we have to sit alphabetically, which makes it worse! 6 out of 7 classes, there he is, sitting right next to me, unaware of my thoughts. Oh my word I really hope he isn’t some kind of alien mind reader, otherwise this last 5 minutes would have been so awkward… STOP THINKING ABOUT DONOVAN LANDON!! Think about Math, this is where I am, Math is fun! Just think about Math. Oh how crazy…” Something interrupts my thoughts.

“So do you like math?” Said this handsome devil next to me, looking directly at me.

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my freaking gosh! Speak you idiot! “Well…. Uhhh… Math is ok… How ‘bout you?” Finally! Words come out of my mouth, not really as cool as I’d want to sound, but at least I said something!

“Yeah, Math is fun… Not my favourite, but fun…” His voice sounds so innocent and pure.

“Cool.” Really Katherine !? Cool??? What the hell is wrong with you? He is just another guy in you class. Nothing special! Oh what am I kidding!!!!! He is SUPER SPECIAL… And I’m just a stupid girl falling for him. Even though I can’t.

Finally after 2 long classes it’s time for break. I’m starving! I go to my locker and wait for Jesse… Yep, locker neighbours. As I see her approaching me, she has a smirk on her face.

“Hey, Kath, I need to talk to you about something…” She says and then winks at me. I hate when she starts a sentence like that! It means she’s up to something.

“Yeah? Don’t leave me hanging… What’s up?” I asked her, curiosity boiling in my veins.

“Well, yesterday Ryan and I were arguing, as always, and I found something out…” She started talking. Ryan was her brother, and he was 2 years older than us. He really was a nice looking guy, but he was in love… With himself…

“What did you find out, Jess?” I asked a tiny bit annoyed because she always takes forever to get to the point.

“I told him that he should stop being so annoying and find a girlfriend. I figured that if he has a girlfriend he would be out a lot more and thus he would annoy me less. You would never guess what he said then!”

“If you say I would never have guessed then why didn’t you just tell me anyway?” See, she does take FOREVER to get to the point.

“He said that he does not like anyone at his university, and that he does agree that he needs a girlfriend. So he asked me to ask you if you would like to go out with him on Saturday?” She looked curiously at me, watching my expression and waiting for an answer.

“What? You mean Ryan likes me? Wow that’s a shocker. I never even thought about him in that way.” I mean I basically grew up with him and Jess. Sure we’ve talked before and stuff but I NEVER thought of him more than that.

“So is that a yes?” Jessica asks while putting her red hair behind her ear.

“I guess I could give him a chance. What do I have to lose? But are you sure you’re alright with this?”

“Yep, of course I’m fine with this! I’m gonna give him your number so that he can text you tonight.” She smiled and we started walking to our usual spot.