Chapter 2

So today is the day that they actually tell us who our homeroom teachers are and also we start going to our classes. Still lying in my bed I think about all the things I want to do this year, and also how I really should be getting up right now. So after 5 minutes I turn on my straightener and then I go brush my teeth. I slip on a pair of black shorts and a purple V-neck shirt. I decide on wearing my black sneakers. Yeah I know, I’m not one of the most fashionable people out there, but I dress alright.

After I’ve done my hair I eat a bowl of Rice Crispies with soy milk. No, I’m not vegan, just allergic to cow’s milk which sucks a lot !

I got on the bus and everything went as always, boring… Well that’s until Christine climbs on the bus, we bring out the craziness in each other, but it’s still a few minutes until we reach her stop.

Then again we stop at the stop where I saw that gorgeous guy, and well, you guessed it, again he climbs up… Like an angel from heaven! Cheesy I know, there just isn’t any other way to describe him. I never thought guys like that exist! Oh well, I don’t even have a chance with him, so I’m not even mentioning him to anyone.

“Hey, Kathenigga!” Christine says in a very excited tone. We have really ‘unique’ names for each other, and far too many inside jokes to remember.

“Hey, Christenigga” I greet her back, not as excited. There was a look in Christine’s eyes, I knew she wanted to tell me something. “So, what do you want to tell me?” I asked her curiously.

“Ahhh damn you know me too good, but ok, well you  know how I’ve had a crush on Quinten like forever??” She asked with her eyes opened wide, waiting for me to answer.

“Yeah?” I already knew what she was going to say. I really didn’t like him, he had already hurt her in the past, but if she’s happy I would support her no matter what.

“Well…” she paused, taking a deep breath, “we talked yesterday and asked me if we could try again. He said that he really had changed and promise not to hurt me again, and I agreed to try again. I know that you don’t like him..”

“As long as you are happy, I don’t care” I interrupted her, “Just know, if he hurts you, I will make sure that he never ever has children!” We both laugh, but I hope she knows that I’m dead serious!

As we get off the bus we go our separate ways. She goes to Quinten, and I wait for Jessica at the gate, she’s one of my best friends, but we have a sort of complicated friendship. After about 5 minutes Jessica’s mom pulls up in front of the gate. I wave and give a  smile. I can see Jessica’s Ginger hair as she got out of the passenger side of the car.

“Hi, Kath!” She says as she gives me a hug. I think she sprayed a whole bottle of perfume on her because she smells like she was marinated in vanilla!

“Hey, Jesse, how’s it going?” I ask, but not planning on listening very much to her answer, because she really is the queen of complaining. I think I’m like the worst best friend ever! It’s just that very few people really like Jessica so I try to support her as much as I can.

“You know, same old story, my brother driving me crazy, parents lecturing me at any chance they can, and the dog peed on my bed again!” She rolled her blue-grey eyes as she mentioned the dog. I honestly don’t know how she keeps up with that thing!

I laughed, “Why don’t you get rid of that stinking dog?”

“Noooo” she moaned, “I can’t get rid of my little Pikadoodle, he makes up the love that I don’t get, you know, the being single thing!”

We talked a few minutes more before the bell rang for school to start, and we all gathered on the quad. Everybody still talking and laughing, even though Mr. Neilson, the vice principal, was already standing on the stage, telling us to be quiet.

“Everybody has to listen now! I will not repeat myself!”, he says, raising his voice, ”all the year 8’s and their teachers must go to the hall, the year 9’s to the sport field, the year 10’s in front of Mrs.Peters’ class, year 11’s stay here, and the year 12’s in front of Mr.Smith’s class, you all will then be divided into  your homeroom classes and also you’ll get your class programs.”

The children started to scatter to the different places that Mr.Neilson told us to go. Jessica and I walked together and got to our designated place, and there he was, talking and laughing with Chad and his friends, the bus guy! Wait, that means he is in my year!

They called out our surnames in alphabetical order to divide us into classes. There was a light breeze blowing, and children were speaking quietly all around.

“King”, Mrs.Du Preez yells out, I knew that my surname kame after Stacy’s. Stacy was one of my friends, she sometimes talks a lot, but she's amazing. “Landon”, is the next surname that was called.

“Who on earth’s surname is Landon??” I think to myself. Then I see the bus guy walking forward. Oh my gosh that means he is in my homeroom. Well this ought to be interesting.

“Lawrence”, Mrs.Du Preez calls out. “Remember you have to sit alphabetically”

“Oh, kill me now” I think as I see the open seat next to bus guy and knowing I have to sit there. Well at least I know his surname now.

“Hi, I’m Donovan”, he says and gives a hearty smile… Ahhh now I have a name to the bus guy’s adorable face. “You’re the girl on the bus, right?” He continues.

“Uhmmm… Y..Yes… I’m Katherine”, I manage to stutter, giving a nervous smile. “Pleased to meet you”

“Pleased to meet you too” He smiles again, then he turns around to speak to Chad behind him.

I really hope that he isn’t anything like Chad. I really hope so! Why is he even friends with him? Chad isn’t bad looking, but he sure as hell knows that. He is one of the biggest players ever, and if you look up “Ego” in the dictionary, you would most definitely find a photo of Chad. I can only pray that Donovan is nothing like that!

“Get you head right, Katherine!” I whisper to myself. Even if he isn’t like Chad, I can never fall for him. I don’t have time for guys, I have to study this entire year if I want to get into a good university and cannot risk heartbreak or anything that would influence my studying. I will not jeopardise my future, no I will not, no matter how gorgeous this guy is! I have to stay strong! I will and I can!

Writer's note

So what will happen? Can Kath stay strong againts this amazing guy?

Who knows? =)

The photo on the right is Donovan, gorgeous ey??

Love,

Kimi

x0x0