Chapter 8

“KATHERINE, I THINK IT IS BETTER IF WE START SEEING OTHER PEOPLE. I MET A GIRL A WEEK AGO AND WE JUST HIT IT OFF. SO I’M SORRY BUT WE’RE OVER.”

I read the word of the text over and over. Trying to make sense of it, but I just can’t. After a while I can’t even see the words clearly through my tears. Breaking up in a text?? Because of another girl. I just can’t seem to understand why.

Girls who say that all men are the same, aren't even close to right! Some men actually has the guts to break up face-to-face and not hide behind a stinking cell phone!! I wished Jessica never set me up with Ryan! And I was so stupid, I knew how he was in the past. Why did I believe that he would change. Stupid naïve little girl. Jumping at any chance of romance that she gets.

If I just kept my promise that I made to myself at the beginning of the year, then none of this would have happened. Wish I would actually listen more to my brain than my heart. It’s really hard to describe what I am feeling right now, anger, sadness, regret, sorrow, yeah yeah, the list goes on.

The feelings felt so real while we were together, but was he pretending right from the start?

You know what, I am not going to be this pathetic sad little girl! I will not let him get the best of me! Everything happens for a reason, so I’m definitely not letting him keep me back. I’m going to wipe away these pathetic tears and smile.

Being sad and crying the whole time is not going to get him back, and this is MY senior year! No one, and I mean it, No one is ruining this year for me!!

At least now I can hang out with Donovan without feeling guilty!

++++++++

It’s Thursday… Which means it’s time for our Physics exam. Donovan and I look nervously at each other as Mr. Smith is handing out the question papers. I wish we could get multiple choice tests, then you have a better chance of getting something right.

I look at my paper and write my name on. First question: “Define Newton’s first law” Ahhh this one is tooo easy! “An object will stay static, or move against a constant speed, unless an unbalanced force is working in on it” I read to myself as I write the answer.

Second question: “John takes a bite out of an apple. It takes him 2 minutes to eat the apple. Now calculate the mass of the sun” I’m screwed… OK, well wasn’t exactly the question but it could’ve been!

I was so relieved to walk out of that class. Everyone’s expressions seemed as if they just got out of a war, only worse.

You know what is the only thing more painful than a Physics test? It’s stepping on a lego. Now that is serious pain!

I got home to find my parents in the kitchen. I was surprised to see them here this early.

“Hi Sweety”, they greeted simultaneously… I hated when they did things like that, I mean they are married, not twins.

“Hey mom and dad” I greeted them back.

I hear my sister coming down the corridor. She always walks so hard as if she wants do create potholes in our house.

“What are you looking at birdbrains” She snapped at me. She can be glad that my parents were home, because I was certainly not in the mood to handle her “teenage hormones”.

“We have something to tell you” Mom looks in my direction, then at my sister’s, then she continues, “Your cousin, Sabrina is coming to stay with us a week or so because her parents are going to Egypt for a while.”

“What?” I exclaimed, “And where is she going to sleep?” I asked curiously.

“Well…” my dad started, “We thought we could bring that extra bed that’s in the garage and put it in your room… You are the same age so that would be best.”

“EXCUSE ME! And when is this going to happen?” I asked in disbelief!

“She is going to be here at about four.” My mom answered.

I glanced at the watch above the stove. Quarter to four.

“When, tomorrow?” I demanded to know.

“Uhm… Actually today…” my dad answers.

“Oh wonderful, because you know I hate having my own room, and I hate having personal space, just like any other teenager.” I sighed and then went to enjoy the loneliness of my room for the last fifteen minutes in who knows how long!!!

I heard my sister mocking the last few words I said. I just ignored her like I usually ignore the dishes.

I just got to my room when I heard the doorbell. Please give me strength.

“Katherine! Come down here” my mom called me.

“But whyyyyyyyy??” I moaned to myself.

So there we were, sitting in the living room. I watched her every move. She was just like a Barbie doll. Tall, long blonde hair, and blue eyes. Was it maybe that I feel threatened?

“So, do you have a boyfriend, honey?” my mom asks her, trying to make conversation.

“Well yes,” she answered then looking at me, “his name is Ryan Parker.”

“WHAT!?! Are you being serious??” I yelled at her. OK so what I did next was not very mature, but I stood up and walked directly to her, threw my glass of coke out on her head, and then casually went up to my room. Gosh, that felt good. Well I’m probably going to be grounded now but it was just so worth it!

It is as if that girl lives to torture me! And that saying that blood is thicker than water? Who cares about that! I have friends who are more like family to me than that blonde witch would ever be!

Writer’s note

So now we know who Ryan’s new girl is. I can predict a lot of catfights in the future!

That's Sabrina on the right.

Thanks for reading.

Love,

Kimi

X0x0