Chapter 7

So yeah, anyone could have guessed this. Sitting next to Donovan in homeroom feels so awkward, he’s giving me the silent treatment! I thought only girls do that, now he’s pulling biatch style on me… Oh hell no, this is not going to work for me.

“Did you study for Physics?” I asked Donovan, really hoping for an answer.

Nothing. As if I don’t even exist! He doesn’t even look into my direction. He just stares in front of him as if he’s suddenly interested in the white bored that’s full of emptiness. Oh my gosh, I hope I’m not like a ghost who doesn’t know that they’re dead, like in that one Reese Witherspoon movie. Please don’t let me be dead.

“Pssssst…” I wave my hand in front of Donovan like some kind of crazy person. No reaction. Oh no! That means I am dead!

Let me try someone else, “Hey, Brandon”, I whisper. He swings around in his chair to face me. Thank goodness I’m not dead!!

“Yeah, Katherine?” I didn’t even realize Brandon was still looking at me.

“Oh nothing, just wanted to make sure that I’m not dead!” A very confused look crept onto Brandon’s face. Yeah well, rather safe than sorry.

“Donovan, we really need to talk, and I know you can hear me because I now know that I’m not dead!” He showed somewhat of a reaction this time because I could see his eyes were quickly glancing towards me.

“C’mon Donovan! You can’t stay mad at me forever! I know I should have told you, but I really thought that it wouldn’t matter to you.” I continued, whining, whishing, and hoping for an answer.

I saw him roll his eyes! I wonder if he knows that biatch-mode really does not suit him! He is really making me frustrated now! By the way of his reaction it almost seems as if I held a secret from him like being pregnant, getting married or something like that. Really! There are much more serious things that could happen, and he gives me the silent treatment for having a boyfriend! And they say girls are dramatic, please! I’m so over this. OK, maybe not...

“Donovan, I’m giving you one last chance to say something… 5…4…3…2…1” I stood up and just walked out of class, just like that. Without any permission at all, I feel so totally badass right now. I headed towards a bench under the trees, and just as I had suspected, well actually hoped, I heard footsteps behind me. As I looked over my shoulder I saw Donovan. Looking down at the ground but following close behind. I went to sit on the bench and he joined me.

“What the hell, Donovan!?!” I asked, raising my voice a little.

“I’m sorry, OK?” he said sharply, holding his gaze to the ground under his feet.

“I still don’t get why you acted that way, Donovan! It’s not like you to hand out the silent treatment, really doesn’t suite your hairstyle!” Well, actually it does, I think everything suits his hairstyle, but I’m so not letting him know that!

“It’s just that, I thought we were good enough friends to share that kind of stuff with each other, but I guess I was wrong.” He looked at me for a few seconds, then looked back at the ground.

I have no way of really explaining myself. Guess I just have to say that I’m sorry. “Donovan, I really am sorry, honestly… I just didn’t think you would care about something like that.”

“Are you stupid, Kathy! Of course I care, I care about you more than you would probably ever know” His voice was soft and I couldn’t believe my eyes but I actually saw him blushing a bit. Super cute!

“So are we friends again, Don? Please say yes!” I pleaded.

“Of course we are, Kath. I can’t stay mad at you.” He gave me a warm smile, one of those that make my knees go weak.

I’m just so glad that we made up again, we have become so close in the past few months, and I just could not imagine not having him as a friend!

The day went by quicker than I’d actually hope. My phone’s battery was  dead so when I got home I immediately put it on charge. A few seconds later my phone vibrates. It’s a text from Ryan.

A text that breaks my heart.

Writer’s note

This was a short chapter, but hope you’re glad that Kathy and Donovan are friends again.

Are you curious about the text?

This Chapter is dedicated to my blushing friend with the secret soft side, you know who you are ;)

Love,

Kimi

X0x0