Chapter XXX - Parte uno

Just because it’s the ending of the book, doesn’t mean our story is over just yet. -Unknown

August 2015

Alana’s POV

This day was like no other.

What had started out as a wonderful fun filled start to our week, turned tragic. Maybe I should change my story to a tragic ending? Someday I will have to sit down and write this all out. Call it a tragic ending to a perfect, wonderful life.

This is how it all went down.

Recap

We are all setting around the campfire on the beach that Damon and Carter had made. All of us are having a drink before we call it a night. I’m having a nice virgin pina colada.

Both of boys have gone to bed after a long day of playing in the water, out on the boat, fishing, i’m sure the even dogs had fun today as well.

I had shown River one of my personal favorite activities, beachcombing. I had shown him how when lightning hits the sand it creates a type of glass. We had also found some sea glass that he can add to his now growing collection along with a few sea shells. I’m sure that by the time we leave this place he’ll be attempting to take home his own weight worth of stuff he’s found.

Sebastian had a good time seeing us all. He was cracking jokes left and right, telling the boys about his life growing up in Germany with his grandparents. His mum died while giving birth to him and his father was hardly around because he was a war general.

It’s been so long since we’ve been up to this place. I think the last time was just after my brother died. Currently Seb is sitting next to Elijah chatting it up over whatever guys talk about. Most likely they’re sharing their own war stories though. He was in the German Air Force before our dad hired him, he wanted someone who could protect us when he was gone with work.

Damon is currently lying in a hammock behind me and I’m setting in my favorite black chair with his hoodie on, you know those chairs that like suck you right in when you were little.

As I finish off my drink I hear a coughing and the patter of little feet coming down the wooden from the side just as I hear a little voice say “mummy I don’t feel good”

I turn around a see River with his hand over his mouth in a coughing fit.

“Come here buddy” I say pulling him up to me just as he starts coughing even harder then is when I notice that his hand is all wet and bloody.