Chapter VII - Was it worth it

“I began teaching my son how to shoot when he was two, starting with the basics of a BB rifle. My theory is that kids get into trouble because of curiosity—if you don’t satisfy it, you’re asking for big problems. If you inform them and carefully instruct them on safety when they’re young, you avoid a lot of the trouble. My son has learned to respect weapons. I’ve always told him, if you want to use a gun, come get me. There’s nothing I like better than shooting.” -Chris Kyle

November 2009

“Wait what?” Piper says looking at me with her jaw hanging open.

“I think I’m pregnant, missed periods, not fitting into some of my clothing, weird ass food cravings, all the normal signs.” I state rubbing my temples.

I don’t recall us using any protection, and I don’t take birth control. When I first missed my period I thought maybe it’s because of all the stress of starting college and Damon leaving or something. But two in a row isn’t normal.

“I think you need to take a test” Faith says with a shrug.

“I don’t even have one.” I mumble as I pace the length of my room.

“I do” a voice says from the door.

All of our heads snap towards the door to find Xavier standing there with his tanned arms crossed over his chest, leaning onto the frame of my door with a smirk onto his face.

“You have a pregnancy test” Piper asks pointing at him, apparently she’s recovered from her state of shock.

He just nods his head, crossing his feet at his ankles.

“Why?” Faith says with furrowed eyebrows.

“Me and Carter just wanted to see the reaction of the old lady clerk if we bought condoms and a pregnancy test.” He says like discussing the weather.

“Was it worth it?” I find myself asking.

A huge smirk comes across his face, whilst nodding his head vigorously “Oh most definitely, I swore I heard her saying something about not needing condoms if we were already pregnant. Anyways who needs the test”

“Not me” Piper says holding up her hands shaking her head.

Xavier looks at Faith with raised eyebrows.

“I’m on the pill, so no” she says pointing at him with narrowed eyebrows.

He then turns and looks at me, setting on the floor with my arms resting atop of my knees. “Who”