Chapter I - Always classy never trashy just a little bit nasty

*Chapter I - Always classy, never trashy, just a little bit nasty

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." -Douglas MacArthur

June 2009

Walking through the doors of the school building with all our friends has always been an interesting one. In grade school, our mums dropped us off, and decided that it would be perfect to get pictures with us together. None of us were fans of the camera. I'd much rather prefer to be behind it.

In middle school we decided to ride the bus, we didn't have to deal with our annoying, camera welding mothers, instead I wound up going in with Damon and Xavier on each side of me. That was the year they became popular. I was known as that ugly female who a hung around with the hottest boys in school. I'd rather stay in the shadows and be unseen, I hate drama.

Now it's the last year of high school, more specifically the very last day of school. Now normally I wouldn't be graduating this year, but I was put in first grade because I scored such a high score onto my placement tests. So here I am graduating in the class of 2009 at Lakeview Preparatory.

The very last day of school is consisted of pranks. We started the tradition in middle school, the everyone knows who does it, usually there is no problem as long as no one gets seriously hurt.

So here I am, setting round a corner waiting for my unsuspecting target to open their classroom door only to get pelted with black slime then a bunch of feathers. Just like the tar and feathering they did in the 1800's. The target is a really hot history teacher that almost half of the female class drools over in class. I on the other hand; know him personally, almost too personally. I mean I've seen the guy drink a can of beer, then burp it out in a burping contest with our dads.

Zachary "Zach" Black has been a family friend for so long that I'm just immuned to him. For my birthday he came to the family party and decided to prank us. This is payback, history style.

You see I got the idea of black slime to represent the tar and the hot pink feathers. The best part of it all is that he will have to teach 2 more classes before he can get clean.

"What are you doing, you look like a pedafile waiting for their victom" Damon said crouching behind me peeking over my shoulder. Making me jump and almost give up my hiding spot, making a few students look at me and shake their heads.

"Zach pranked me onto my birthday, so i'm going to tar and feather him. Keeping it's history related" I reply briefly looking over my shoulder at Damon before resuming my steak out.

"Actual tar and chicken feathers" he gasps in my ear sending the familiar chills down my spine.

Ignoring the shock and chills running through my system I answer back "no you idiot, I used black slime and hot pink fake feathers I got from a shady store over on Willow street."

"And what's the motto to go with this one?" he says with a sigh and a small shake of the head. A hint of a smile onto his face.

"Always classy, never trashy, just a little bit nasty." I say with a small laugh remembering trying to find something to class this little prank with.

You see, everytime I do a prank, I give it a motto, rhyme, quote, or really something just to make mine stand out. I then have an underclassmen give them a note card with -call it what you want- onto it.

They are all on a black index card written in a silver sharpie. This one says 'Zachary, I always keep it classy, never trashy, and just a little bit nasty, think on your sins -X'. All of my secret notes are written with a X at the end, the reason? It's my middle name: Xahlia.