Chapter XXII - I just announced that i'm best friends with Hitler.

Chapter XXII -  I just announced that I’m best friends with Hitler.

“Just because you call an electric eel a rubber duckie doesn’t make it a rubber duckie, does it? And God help the poor bastard that wants to take a bath with said rubber duckie.” -Jace from The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

July 2015

Elijah’s POV

Hey love, i’m going to be running late tonight after work. Love you! I quickly type, sending a text to Piper.

okay, I’ll leave your dinner in the microwave. Love ya too! she replies making me chuckle.

I quickly hop into my truck, and drive down the road towards Anna and Damon’s place.

I am so freaking nervous, i honestly think i’m more nervous now than I was when meeting the president.

You see, Piper and I have been going out for the past 8 months, and i’m on my way to ask not only her parent’s permission but Damon’s and Anna’s permission to ask Piper to marry me.

I swear you can see my nail bed’s from biting my nails in anticipation of watching the clock in my office for clock out time.

As I pull into the driveway I see them all out in the back yard, the boys riding their horses in the pasture with their dogs following just behind.

No turning back now.

~*~*~

“Dude you look like you either ran over someones pet snake or else you’re constipated, what’s wrong?” Damon asks with a laugh as Anna helps the boys put the horses back into the stalls, the one playing with her hair making her giggle.

“No, just, i’m extremely nervous about something....” I trail off as we all take a seat around the patio.

“You didn’t knock Piper up did you? Cos i’m pretty sure her father will have your balls hanging over the fireplace's mantel, literally.” he says with a small studder.

I gulp “lets hope i’m his favorite?” I question with a charming smile as the boys run off towards the tree house and Anna sets down.

Damon looks at me like I just announced that i’m best friends with Hitler.

“Yeah, that’s not gonna work buddy boy.” he says shaking his head.

“I only heard part of that conversation but, I swore i heard you say something about you knocking up my best friend. I swear if you did, I will personally cut your di-dong off” she says stumbling over her cuss word as the boys come running up onto the porch.