Chapter XXVI - Not my fault you couldn't keep it in your pants

• Dedicated to My Best Friend

    Chapter XXVI - Not my fault you couldn’t keep it in your pants

“Most people don't believe something can happen until it already has. That's not stupidity or weakness, that's just human nature.” ―Max Brooks

August 2015

Alana’s POV

“Boys come on, we don’t have all day for you to bicker and dilly dally around.” I yell up the stairs just as I see Xavier come pulling two boys down the steps behind him, suitcases in hand.

“I think these three hooligans need to learn time management.” Damon says following shortly behind with his old military duffle slung over his shoulder; a casual smirk on his face.

“And so don’t you, you guys are running about an hour behind schedule” Piper says with Elijah just behind her laughing his ass off at something.

“Well maybe if we had a bit more than a 2 hours notice that we’re leaving onto some ‘mystery trip’ we could’ve had more time to prepare” Xavier says as the boys cross the arms and nod their head along with him. Damon shaking his head at them sliding past me and walking out the front door with Elijah hot on his tail.

“River, Diesel go get in the truck with your dad”

“But mum; we don’t wan-” they start to whine but I cut them off with a firm “Now”

“Yes ma’am” they mumble taking their bags with them, walking out the front door.

“They sure do listen to you well” Faith says laughing trailing behind the boys shaking her head.

“Well there Mr Xavier next time you decide to bring your date home and go all ‘porn star’ with her in your room instead of listening to what I was trying to tell you last night to get packed, you would have been ready on time.” I say not missing a beat, getting really ticked off. I am not in a good mood this morning.

I woke up last night with a phone call from my boss at three in the fucking morning, telling me that I can’t work at all this week because I am almost triple my hours.

Oh thats right, I never did tell you what my job was. I work as an EMT. I had to pull several doubles this week because some idiots just didn’t bother to show up at work and neither did the backups.

So last night spur of the moment Damon decided that it would be best if we all got out an went camping. Piper is stressed out over planning the wedding (she hasn’t even picked the date yet), and Xavier got dumped by Elizabeth the biker gal.

This is going to be a relieving week long camping trip, stress free, and no problems. Well that is unless someone gets hurt or forgets to pack a tent. In that case the mofo can sleep in the bed of the truck.

“Well it’s not my fault that I got dumped by my girlfriend of almost 8 months.” He fires back getting a bit red in the face.

“Not my fault you couldn’t keep it in your pants dude, maybe next time you decide to go to the strip club and bring back your little toy-” i start but he cuts me off.

“It wasn’t a strip club, it was a BDSM club.” He calmly states rolling his eyes.

“Well i didn’t know that you were a fan of the kinks. But next time you bring the party home not expecting your girlfriend not to be home, think it through with your brain up there not down there dude” I say pointing to his crotch.

“Alright you two, let’s get going before you two decide to go all western an start drawing guns in my front hall an shootout my front and back door cos’ Lord knows you two can shoot for shit.” Carter says laughing at some inside joke.

“Dude shut the fuck up. I don’t need your pansy ass mouth yupping at a hundred miles per hours.” I say reaching for my leather vest and helmet for my bike.

“You’re driving your bike up?” They say simultaneously.

“No dip sherlock” I reply sarcasm dripping from my voice as I walk out the door towards to my bike.

“All of you follow me or Damon there. I don’t have time to give directions and if you can’t keep up, too fucking bad.” I announce throwing on my helmet flipping up the visor, putting on my vest as I toss my duffel bag into Damon’s truck.

I quickly open the back door where the two boys are setting giving each of them a quick hug and kiss, well the best I can with a helmet on. “I love you, be good on the ride. You both have your movies in your bag there along with your snacks. We’ll be stopping to eat lunch half way through the trip. It’s a 5 hours drive.”

“Yes mama. Why aren’t you riding with us?” Diesel asks as he buckles his seatbelt.

“Because momma needs a bit of time to think to herself. You will get to see me I promise. You will be following me.” I say pointing to my helmet.

“Okay. Love you!” They say as I shut the door hearing the sound of someone walking in the gravel behind me.

“Drive safe babe.” Damon says as I turn around.

“I always do. Love you!” I say winking as I hop onto my bike starting it up.

“Love you too!” He shouts over the roar of engine.

I put on my sunglasses, flipping down the visor and taking off down the driveway. Elijah’s truck just behind me.

Time to hit the road to a week of paradise.

----------------------------------

Heyy guys, this is short I know. I just needed to get the mood started for this little bit. Now this book is no where near the end. Also the point of not anything going out is becauase I wanted to get rid of the extra un needed notes and crap.

Love -Kali && Riv